1. The Unnatural Birth

Maharaja Veerbal was continuously pacing outside, the chambers of Maharani Suhasini. He used to hear her voice filled with pain and agony, his heart would clench, but it didn't last for long. His deep rooted desire for a son was far more than anything under the sun. He was determined about having a Son for his heir.

Those were the days which saw a very few birth of Princes. Most of the kingdoms resorted to making, their daughter's husband as the next King. Hence that era saw the consolidation of power. With few people rested huge powers. That eventually gave rise to a lazy or arrogant set of rulers, since they got everything easy, they didn't seem to bother.

As the pacing of Maharaja Veerbal intensified, so did the creases in Devi Lakshmi's forehead, concern invading her beautiful face, she asked the Lord, "My Lord, why is it that Veerbal is making such a big deal out of this? He has received a boon from Brahma, the creator of the world himself, then why is it that he is in such a haste." The dark skinned Lord, posed his charming smile in his pleasant face and said, "Love, you are a witness to all the happenings, you know how the times are." Unsatisfied with the answer, she probed further, "But my Lord, he is given a boon" The all-knowing almighty nodded, "Yes my dear, but in Earth, people don't understand patience. They are the slaves of lust, anger, greed, arrogance, attachment and jealousy" Looking at the unsatisfied expression at the face of his Consort he continued, "And the boy who is going to take birth is no ordinary. He will be the king of 'kings of kings'. The greatest ruler of his time."

Down here it was afternoon but it already felt like evening. The sky had become orange as if celebrating the birth of the unborn. Amidst, the midsummer, the wind started blowing unnaturally wild, as if dancing in delight. The scenario was breathtakingly beautiful, it could make any living being's soul to drown in ecstasy but not Maharaja Veerbal's, not until he was holding his Prince charming in his hands.

Exactly at that moment a maid came out and handed him his son.....his heir. Pride shone in his eyes as he held the baby. "He shines like Sun God hence he will be named Vikramaditya." As soon as the words left his lips, there was a momentum gained among the servants. They started cheering, "Yuvraj Vikramaditya ki Jai." The overenthusiastic people were in no mood to stop. He held his hand up to calm the noise. "Rajkumar Vikramaditya" he corrected. How could a new born child be the next-in-line to become king.

But the bunch of servants failed to understand. "Rajkumar will have to earn the title of Yuvraj. He will have to become capable." Maharaj Veerbal warned sternly. Little did he know that, his child would surpass all the standards he set for becoming Yuvraj. He would out do everything, he was born to do so...

A.N:-
Namaste! This is the beginning of a long journey. Stay tuned to know how our little Vikramaditya will become the greatest ruler of his time. I would like to gently remind that, he is no God, just like us at some points, you may hate him and at others you may love. Thank you for reading. If you like it,

Please vote and comment.