5. Transformation

Next morning when the prince woke up, he could not find his new bride anywhere. Panicked he rushed out of the tent, only to find her sitting there. He could see she was crying. He went near her and touched her.

"What is it my love that makes you cry the next morning of Wedding?" He asked.

"My Lord, I was a engaged woman, I fear what people may say. And what I fear more is how can a poor Brahmin's daughter like me, live with you in a palace."

He smiled gently at her, he guided her to stand up and wrapped an arm around her, "No one will say anything, for a kshatriya, Ghandharva Vivah is considered auspicious. And about the palace life style, I am sure you can manage." She nodded her head.

They both got ready and started towards the village. In the village, they stopped at her hut, so she can collect some of her things. It was then that the prince noted, she had worn bare minimum jewellery and that to silver. But soon her hut was surrounded by the villagers. Her fiance, even blamed her for being character less. She just stood there, her eyes not being able to stop the tears. But due to her veil no one could see it.

"No one is to talk like that to your future queen. She is my wife. We have performed Ghandharva Vivah and it is considered to be auspicious." The prince barked. Everyone were silent. She then quickly walked towards one of her relatives and told them that they can have the hut. They were more than happy and cheerfully let her go. She had only taken a small statue of Lord Krishna and some of her parents belonging. They travelled further till they reached where the prince's companions were staying.

They were all shocked seeing a lady with the prince and further shocked when he introduced her as his wife. He asked a maid to dress her in the clothes befitting a princess and adorn her with the most expensive jewellery. Then till the maid came, they both waited patiently in the room.

"Thanks for defending me there." She said

"You are my wife, my dear, defending you is my duty." He said genuinely and a tear slipped from her eyes.

"I am sure you will have to do it a lot especially in the palace, you even promised me to be eka-patni vrata, I am sure, this is gonna create trouble." He pursed his lips. She was right. In no way, she looks like, she can be a queen. He was even more sure, she knew nothing of Marshial Arts, she would always needed to be protected by him. But that was always, the kind of wife he wanted. But Queen?

Soon the maid came and the prince stepped out. After a good number of minutes, he again stepped in when the maid had stepped out. He couldn't believe his eyes. She had turned even more beautiful. And she looked like a Royal. He could even lie that she was from some Royal family. When she finally realised he was there, she was quick to cover only her head with veil. He smiled.

A.N:-
Namaste! How is it going guys? And did you all notice the strangest thing? No..or yes? Her name? The prince doesn't know her name. So weird!! Still....anyway....what do you guys think her name will be. If you like,

Please vote and comment.

Thank you.