26. Security or War.

As the young prince intently stared at a slightly taller and stronger boy, he recognized him as the son of Senapati. And by the little observation, he had done, he knew that this older boy was an expert in spear. "Even a lion can't win a duel with crocodile in water. So always choose situations such that they are in your advantage." The words of Rajguru that he had heard just that morning rang in his ears.

Rajkumar was trained in palace only by Rajguru as the king was hesitant to let him into the forest as he was not only the first son but also because there was threat to his life. Little did the king know that, it was as dangerous in the palace as outside for the prince. But when Rajguru finally took Sanyas and his son was handed over the position, he requested that for the final two years of training Rajkumar be sent with him, and he was. Those two years, he learnt many things, met many people and was  introduced to the actual world outside the palace. But at that moment years before, he was still a bit naive and he gave into what we call Kshatriya Pride.

Without giving much a thought to it, "Take it on." He said. The older boy was just playing along in the first round. Though it was not the exact expertise of the prince but he was very good at defending and taking advantage of opportunities. And due to this he won the first round. The over confident, son of army chief felt humiliated. But he came back more aggressive. The second round was easily won by him by a surprise attack. He also won the third round, but unlike second round, it was not due to any surprise attack but with sheer strength and good techniques.

Both were injured very less. After that match, prince earned two things, one, motivation for improving in spear fighting and its importance in war( as it was lectured to him by Pavankumar.) And second a loyal friend. But the intelligent prince had asked for a sword fight after accepting defeat, which he won easily. There was no looking back from then, they had been best of friends, teaching each other whatever their field of expertise was and defending each other in all situations. Pavankumar had an arranged marriage with his distant relative.

A smiled settled on the brave prince's lips as he remembered beautiful moments spent with his old friend. Before his mind could waver further a very upset Senapati Mahoday entered mumbling something. Behind him, he saw his friend walking. The prince couldn't read the expression of his friend. Some soldiers came behind them and set the map and some mini flags and other coins. As soon as they left the prince asked, "What is it Mahoday?" The old man started ranting, "Pavankumar's plan is unsatisfactory, the security arrangements are inadequate. He has arranged everything as if we are going just for the marriage. He has completely left out the war aspect." He sighed.

The prince couldn't take it anymore, he could understand that his kaka wanted Pavankumar, to be the best, give everything his best. So he lied, "I was the one to tell him, to make such arrangements. We aren't expecting a war, and if we take the army, not only it will take a lot of time but also lead to a lot of complications, they may think we are coming for a war. So...now can I over see other things?" He asked. They both nodded and started explaining. Though he defended his friend, he made a mental note to ask why he didn't make any provision of war.

Please vote.

And tell me what do you think, did the prince did the right thing by defending a wrong act?

And do you agree to Rajguru's teaching?

Tell me through comments and lot in your thoughts.

Thank you!!