32. 🌹Rose🌹 [Part I]

Vikramaditya's POV

As I stared at her, I noticed her fear was soon turning into tears and then to sobs. "Swami... " she started crying.. Oh God! What has happened to her today? She is only crying. I can't handle it now. "Calm down... I will start after about a month only." I said and she relaxed visibly. As much as I enjoy spending time with her, I sometimes feel she is too weak and fragile. I placed one last kiss in her mouth before getting up and dressed. She followed the suite and I settled in dressing table, her spread jewellery was irritating me. Mother was right, husband and wife need at least different rooms, but I don't feel like leaving her only.

"Don't veil yourself Varsha, come here and clear this mess.." I said irritated. She came and started clearing it and I felt my irritation fade as I noticed, how beautiful she was. It wasn't her fault that she was scared of this palace. But she needs to get used to it. "Sorry.. " she said and I nodded. "Help me into these Now.. " I said and she did clumsily. Is she nervous? Or always clumsy? I stood up and looked down at her, and for the first time I realised how short she actually was. I smirked, as I handed her my mukut. She placed it with difficulty due to our height difference and I kissed her forehead. She is so innocent. Any other woman would have complained. "Take care my love. I would be coming soon today, I should be back before sunset." I said and she smiled but it soon faltered. I know she doesn't want me to leave.. But I have to. I have other things to attend to. Her head was bent low, but I started anyway.

As I walked the long distance,  as usual slow.. My mind drifted back to Bhratha Shivdarshan... He was not my brother by blood actually but I considered him one. He was 4 years older than me and it was him who always said me to be even more careful while using the sort of weapons I used today. Though he was a great warrior he was very sensitive and romantic at heart. He was still unmarried!! Waiting for the right woman, to come. A smile made its way in my lips as I remembered, the first time I met him.

I was 14 at that time. I was roaming in the garden to get some fresh air as I had felt a betray recently. My step mother had tried to poison me, again. I was thanking God, for this another life of mine and the feel of grass on my bare feet and the smell of roses, did help. Suddenly my eyes, fell on the minister's son, 'Isn't he Rajkumar Shivdarshan, the adopted Son of Uncle?' I had wondered. He looked relaxed and calm. We had acquittance before, but we were never really close. He was a great warrior and an expert in his knowledge of Geography. I went near him in a hope to learn something about Geography and disastrous weapons and I learnt. He was sitting on a swing relaxed surrounded by Roses and a book in his hand. He had behaved very warmly with me. Somehow, he knew, I was poisoned. I till date, don't know how, maybe he heard from the gossiping servants. At the end of our discussion, he shocked me by pledging his loyalty to me. Now, he works in as a assistant to ministry.

But what I remember now, is a story he narrated....about Devi Shakuntala. After our long discussion, I asked him, "Bratha, why are you sitting here when you can sit inside and read." he had smiled at me. "Aditya, lotus is revered but I feel Rose is the most romantic flowers of all. So when reading, such romantic story, sitting here gives a feel." he said dreamily. I smirked. Even then I was never that kind of Lover or a romantic. "But I thought you were reading Granth Mahabharat. And isn't it all about Dharm and War?" He smiled, "Yes, but I was reading my favorite, Devi Shakuntala part." I was perplexed, "How come I haven't read it, tell me also na.... "

A. N:-
Namaste! This is the first POV chapter in this book... Tell Me guys how you like it??? Would you like more??

And Shakuntala Katha here will be a little different because Rajkumar Shivdarshan, whose nature is Romantic and sensitive is narrating it and it's heard by out ruthless prince... So.. :)

Please Vote, Comment and Share.

Thank you.