19. Responsibilities.

"You have learnt to speak well Aditya." She said with a smirk and sitting comfortably. He also settled opposite her relaxed, seeing her better mood. "All learnt from my most intelligent mother." He said and smiled a little and she returned the same. "But you didn't learn one thing from your mother that is planning. I really don't understand how you, my son, who is so intelligent took such a rash decision? Like, did you know her from before?" Now the queen asked inquisitivness burning in her. He closed his eyes. It was awkward. How can he say to his mother that, he did all of this in his lust. That he didn't even know her name when he dragged her to the tent. It was difficult to explain. "Hmm....that mother.." he struggled but she cut it. She didn't want him uncomfortable.

"Hmm....Aditya its not you who planned this, it's that girl. How dare she, demand such a promise from you?" She said suddenly angry. He didn't know what to reply cause this particular thing troubled him also. A girl never demands such a thing but then he suddenly said, "Mother, she is a Brahmin and you know too well how they follow eka patni vrata custom. They don't marry another woman for pleasure if at all they marry, it's for heir. So maybe..." he tried justifying but failed. "She had planned all of this meticulously don't try to justify her." The queen said and the prince stopped it there. Though he knew only too well that his wife was innocent, but he also knew that his mother was not wrong. Varsha knowingly or unknowingly, with realising it or without had what many royal woman couldn't even dream of. He kept quite. And his mother changed the subject. "Come lets eat. I have said the cook to make all your favourites deer curry, rice, barley, 3 types of sweets and lion's heart."

His eyes widened, "Wow!! Who went for hunting?"  He asked. "I did" she said getting up. "Come on, hurry up now. I am hungry. And ya, your father will not be joining us." She said a little sad. He nodded, getting up and they went to the dinning room and settled. He had food to his heart's content and so did the queen. She didn't mind serving him. The royal family had abounded that tradition long ago.

After the food both mother and son had paan and they headed towards the last session of court. They had to since they already missed the earlier sessions. The prince was busy even later that night. After the court sessions had ended. The prince along with his uncles, father, mother, Mukya Maharani, his brother and a few ministers discussed the strategy to be applied in Magadh. It was going to be difficult already but the difficulty was added because the prince's brother didn't wanted to marry Rajkunvari Kanaka. And the responsibility of convincing him, arranging for the trip and ensuring this schemes succeed were all rested on the shoulders of the future Yuvraj.

A.N:-

Namaste!! What do you think about this? Yuvraj has too much responsibility...how will he handle them? And what is this mysterious prince like? How is Rajkunvari Kanaka's nature? What you all think?

And please feel absolutely free to point out any of my mistakes.

Please vote and comment.

Thank you!