25. Friend.

This chapter is dedicated to NanditaIyengar2, for being ever supportive and criticizing when needed. Happy Birthday.

The next morning was a rush, the young man got up early and went about his routine. But before leaving, he spoke, "Varsha, dear, I want you to eat properly today and take rest. Don't bother too much and don't worry, I am here for you. Haan, if you feel better then keep dinner ready for me." he said and smiled. She was taken aback by his suddenly gentle demeanor unlike last night where he was so demanding. "Also, why are you wearing such heavy clothes and jewellery, you can wear light clothes for today, like you like. Tell daasi, to apply some Lep on your skin. Hmm? " he asked. She shyly nodded and he was gone within a flash of second.

"Yeah, the tents will be placed at this distance. And the king's Tent will be in the center. " he was ordering a officer, the requirements. There was still time for the court to start but he wanted to just be done with all the instructions. He never understood why his father always wants him to supervise, things as small as travelling requirements. Even his mother was going to show him specifically the gifts in the evening, that they had packed for the people in the other palace. Now all his substitute (his team) were also not there to help him. After all the arrangements were looking satisfactory, he rushed to there, where he thought his attention was required, to meet Maharathi Pavankumar's father.

He had asked his friend to meet him at his father's place only, so he went there. Upon his arrival, the maid invited him and had him sitting in the waiting room. Soon he saw Bhagyashree, Maharathi Pavankumar's mother rushing towards him. He quickly stood up, "Kaki, I was here to meet Senapati Mahoday actually. " She smiled at his habit of addressing Shriman Indiresh as Senapati Mahoday whenever he came for official work and as Kaka otherwise.

"I am aware, Vikramaditya. But you must also know that, this time security arrangement was given to Pavankumar, so your Kaka, went to supervise if he has done a fair job. Rajkumar felt taken aback. He couldn't believe how his Kaka could do that. They were supposed to be here to discuss the same. If something went wrong, they could have discussed the same. What was the need to have so much mistrust. While the king was though always critical was still supportive of him, the Senapati Mahoday on the other hand,  was always unsure of his friend. But he could do nothing, he nodded to her with a smile and shaking his head sat down.

He knew his dear friend would have felt bad but interfering  in their family life would be unethical.  He decided to wait patiently for them. His thought again roamed background the time when he had first met his dear friend.

When he had met Pavankumar he was  12 years old. He had already started feeling like a young man and he behaved the same. He was daily lectured on various knowledge which he observed like a hot iron would absorb rain water. He was also trained on being a shrewd politician and many other things. But amongst all,  his favorite even then had always been warfare. In one such class,  where he was practicing with the sons of some other ministers,  some of those who were earlier in his team but we're no more. They were temporary,  there was no sons of ministers in his team because his step mother Avantika had played games,  in order to have them all in Bhargav's gang. And Ghen there were some people royals and others who weren't on either teams. With all these going on,  politics and manipulations,  he was practicing  spear for the day, which wasn't his favourite. At that time 14 year old,  Pavankumar also happened to be practicing  there. Though he wasn't exactly interested in spear fighting,  still he was the best and Pavankumar's could see slightly proud.  So he had approached  him,  "Rajkumar, I would like to challenge you in spear fighting." he had challenged confidently to the young Prince.

Please Vote and Comment.