12. Vivacious Meet

As soon as he reached the meeting room, he ordered the servants there to change the seating arrangement. His father would be given the highest seat, though it was his palace because he was King. He then ordered the maids to bring and arrange all the gifts he had brought for his parents from Matsya Desh, on a second thought, he ordered the servants to bring some extra articles also that he purchased. Though he trusted his father, but there were chances his father would bring with him, some other queens or even the ministers. What he had done was not a small thing.

On the other side in the King's palace, he was getting ready when Maharani Suhasini approached him. "Maharaj, don't you think princess Kanaka would be hurt, hearing what has occurred." The king didn't answer, princess Kanaka, being hurt was one thing and the desperation he saw in his son's eyes last night indicating huge trouble was a whole lot different thing. "I think that can be dealt later, come lets meet Vikramaditya first and know what he has to say and how all these conspired. I am curious." He said turning to his bravest wife.

She was annoyed, "Aarya..." she addressed him, how she used to when they were still newly married. He went near her, "Maharani, we have to speak to Vikram, first before finalising on what to do and what to say, I know you wish to marry him to Princess Kanaka, for mere political advantage and the power, he will get by doing so. I know you want him to rule Magadh  also, and I dote on you. But for now, we need to first have a talk." She could finally sense what the king was trying to say. They both started for their son's palace.

On the way while walking through the beautiful flower gardens she asked, "Aren't you bringing Mukya- Maharani or any other Maharani with you. And are ministers going to be there?" He could sense a little jealousy in her tone, even though years have passed, none of his wife liked the fact that he wasn't theirs alone. "No, he is our son and this is his personal life. Though I am aware what you are trying to indicate, rumours I mean, still its only our right to question him. Then I will see what has to be done."

This should have made the queen happy but she scoffed. "What do you mean he is our son?" She asked. The king chuckled with amusement, "What you mean, he isn't ?" She looked at him angrily, "Aarya..." she insisted. Initially when they were love-lorn as young couple, she used to address him this with love, but now, she used it only when she was angry, so he tried to make sense of what she was trying to say. "I mean he is not only our son, but also Yuvraj, people might be curious. I will never let that non-royal looking girl be Yuvrani. Yuvrani will be Rajkumari Kanaka only and she will only be Mukya Maharani in future." She said. He shook his head firmly, "Maharani, he is not Yuvraj yet and the rest is up to him to decide."

A.N:-
Namaste! Tell me How you like it. And what you think will happen in the meet? Please vote and comment. Thank you.