38. Judging for Junior - I

The announcer took over as the court was left speechless, he spoke in the monotone, "Now, the little boy, Shibhya, 3 year old, son of... " at this point his stable voice hesitated as the case was about the same but he continued, "of Kumari Ramya is to be summoned." as he completed the king nodded giving permission. The King was feeling extremely proud of his son and the courtiers feeling happy of their Prince. But, the Judge of the Day, hesitated. "Respected King, I would like to request that the Kid not be brought in the court as I consider it unnecessary." As soon as the prince said that and the king took a moment to think, Kalakar Aadyot intervened, "How is it unnecessary? I mean... I am sorry to interrupt but the child's feelings is important." he spelt and the desperation in his voice and exasperation in his face was visible.

The Prince could see how attached he was to the child and he knew how attached the child was to him. And now that the earlier decision was made,it was clear that the mother of the child belonged with Kalakar Aadyot and it meant if the decision were to come in favour of Mahoday Giriraj, then he would be separating a mother from a child and vice-versa. And also the child was still little to understand it's sudden seperation from his parents. Even Kalakar Aadyot seemed so attached to the kid. If he were, to take a decision otherwise, he would be destroying a happy family. And even the marriage of Kumari Ramya, because atleast to the observant eyes of the prince it seemed pretty obvious that the marriage was standing because of the child.

On other side was Mahoday Giriraj. The situation was the most unfair to him. No one better than the Prince could understand the situation. When a person is summoned for war, he doesn't have time for anything, not even a loved one. Some hurtful memories from past was starting to cloud his mind, when he pushed it back. Now, the situation was delicate as Giriraj already looked depressed, he needed the child more than anyone else. He just lost his lover. Plus, the child was born to Mahoday Giriraj, he obviously belonged with him.

Both this aspects were crucial and more sensitive than the earlier case he felt. But his heart was tugging for the kid. It didn't need this, not at this age! The child was attached to Kalakar Aadyot but it's really father is Mahoday Giriraj. No matter on who's favour he would take the decision, the child could come and question him in future about why he didn't take the other decision. And what about the extra advantage, Kalakar Aadyot had, he had the child's mother. It would be wrong to say, that the Prince didn't wanted to take the decision in favor of Kalakar Aadyot and it was for no other reason other than the fact that the child would have a happy childhood. But, he was determined to a fault to not let his personal emotions dictate him.

"Kalakar Mahoday, the child is very small now, to take any decisions. Plus, that would be very unfair on Mahoday Giriraj's part as the child has not even seen him yet." he said calmly but was retorted back furiously, "But that means, I am the child's father, because every child needs to recognize the father." he said and Rajkumar almost felt sorry for him, cause it could be seen very evidently how much he loved the kid. "Mahoday, please, I request you to calm down and to answer your question, Mahoday Giriraj was on national duty, which is his Dharma and so it's okay if he was not identified by his child. Even Luv and Kush didn't recognize Raja Ram in the beginning. And what any of us here can't absolutely deny is that, the blood running in the veins of Shibhya is of Mahoday Giriraj." he spoke firmly shutting the artist and boasting up the commander unintentionally.

"I wouldn't question the child. But this case is complicated. The situation unjustly favours Kalakar Mahoday but the truth remains that the child is of Mahoday Giriraj who was serving the nation during the birth and growth of his only son, which is of commendable valour." he spoke and he himself was uncertain. He stood there a moment motionless and tried to think about it, but when he failed, he tried remembering his now quite teacher's teachings. He suddenly remembered the thing he had heard while living outside the palace with his teacher, "When you get stuck somewhere, turn to the history, it always has answers, either of how to do it or of how not to." But now, he couldn't ask his teacher as he was the party to all of his so he addressed the Royal Acharya.

"Raj Acharya, is there any case in the past where such similar situation had arised?" he asked and the old man thought for a moment before replying. "Not in my knowledge. But.... children and parents getting separated, not by death but by state because the parents were in service of state is something that's never happened in Ujjain and I think that would be unfair, but that's just my opinion, the decision is yours. Also, here I can't help but think of the child who has not even been given the basic of education, to be put under the trauma of separation from what it thought are his parents. Kumari Ramya would be separated from her child and also we can't ignore the future aspect, as to how will Mahoday Giriraj single handedly take care of the child?" the regal teacher completed after having voiced out all the doubts that Rajkumar himself was having. Here he couldn't wrong anyone, especially the child. And he had no reference!

"I agree. But even if we consider, thinking about the welfare of the child is the only way to take decision even then, the child deserves to be with his original father as much as he deserves to be in the safe shell it's been till now. It's a Kshatriya by blood and what if it's interest is to take after his real father? Though the welfare of the child needs to be given priority, it's clearly not the right way to approach the case." he voiced his opinions and thoughts loudly and as he saw most of the people nodding and the loud 'I agree' of Mahoday Giriraj. His brain was racing like a hungry cheetah, without a direction but with a very important purpose. But as his brain raced faster, he could gather a little something that was thought worthy!

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow and Review!

What would your judgement be? Whom does the kid belong with?Why? DO TELL.:)