18. Devotion...

"What...What have I done big, mother?" He said struggling. "One thing Aditya....one thing that I told you when you were 5 years old....I gave you all the freedom...I was quite doesn't mean I don't know what all you were doing..." she said looking sharply at him. But then quickly averted her gaze. "And you followed what I said. But this time you have done A MISTAKE. A MISTAKE THAT CAN COST YOU, YOUR POSITION." She looked disappointed. "No mother..." he started reasoning, when she glared at him and he took the cue and remained silent.

"You are just like your father but even worst actually." She said. He was shocked. He knew from always that, his parents didn't particularly have good relations but they never ever talked ill about each other. But the Queen was in a very foul mood to even realise the words that were spilling out from her lips. "You both are the same. You shouldn't have been born in Royal family only. You both like fragile and weak woman. Woman who are strong and have intelligent minds just repel you." She burst out before realisation struck her.

The young prince knew too well, what he was hearing. His father had many wives. But only few had prominent positions, his mother, because of him. The Mukya Maharani, because she is the first wife. And a little important position was of the King's last wife, mother of his only brother. But above all this, without any prominent position was the King's second wife, Maharani Kamalnayani, the King's heart belonged to her. No matter how many more woman came into his life, he loved her the most. She was a commoner too but unlike Varsha, she wasn't promised anything. But her place was safe.

The queen recovered from the hurt and said, "Unless asked about her age, don't speak about it." She said strictly. "Yes mother and I don't think that will be the issue, because she will remain in veil always. She is very traditional." He said. Though unintentionally it again made his mother mad. "Yeah. Of course." She said sarcastically. "Mother, I didn't mean it." He sighed and continued, "What I mean is.." She cut him. "Stop it Aditya, I know everything, don't try to fool around with me." She said. "She will never be able to be a true queen." Now the Queen's arrogance spoken.

"Anyway, be careful when you go to Magadh. The issue is sensitive. And this reminds me, I want to know, in which way is your wife better that Rajkunvari Kanaka. Does she even know, how to hold a sword?" The proud queen questioned. "No mother." The young prince said patiently. "My wife can't hold a sword. Even if explained, I doubt if she will be able to understand the politics over here or the people. But you know, what she can do? She can single handedly without anyone's help cook food for me. She isn't ambitious like Rajkunvari Kanaka, whatever she does from now on will be for me or for our Kids. She doesn't have big greed. Devotion mother, Devotion towards me is the only thing she has, which Rajkunvari Kanaka or for that matter any other woman won't have as much as her." He said very calmly. Maharani was taken aback but even a lay man could read pride in her eyes for the amount of patience her son had and the respect he held for her.