10. Spies & Spices

He heard the tinkling of something and turned to see, his wife walking towards him. Suddenly he felt all his anger disappear, even with fear in her eyes and lips queering with  distress. He admired her beauty, she was beyond beautiful. He felt his guilt slowly fading. He seemed to have understood that if he didn't acquire her, then that would have been a greater guilt. He couldn't even begin to think losing her to someone else. He suddenly felt confused. A thought crossed his mind as he saw his wife standing right before him. Worrying now will do no good. What has happened has happened. At least he can be happy with what he has now.

He slowly pulled her in his arms and kissed her forehead. He slowly let his hand over her hair. Her hair was jet black and voluminous. The maid had adorned it with golden jewels. He slowly removed her jewels one by one and let it fall. She gasped, "Lord, what are you doing? These are gold jewellery" she said bending down to pick them up. He just held her tight, and turned her to him. He looked at her hair, it flowed a little beyond her perfect waist. He let his hand follow the wave while gazing at her lovingly. Then they started retreating to the bed, with him having her in his arms.

Two pairs of eyes had witnessed this, both unaware of each other. While one eyes shone with lust the other contained extreme anger. The owner of one was a man and another pair was of a lady, little did they knew that Destiny was going to bind both of them together.

Next Morning

Varsha woke up with a start, thinking of going to work, then she saw herself. She gasped and pulled the bedsheets closer, her face burning, then she remembered where she was. She quickly got up and got dressed. In her haste to get dressed she had woken up the sleeping prince, he pulled her by her wrist into bed. She was red as sindur. "What are you doing so early?" He asked adjusting his head in her lap and wrapping his hands in her waist. She didn't reply instead asked, "Where can I find river?" He lazily looked at her. "Why are you asking?" "To take bath and wash clothes." He sat up and laughed. When he noticed that she was still confused, he told her that, "Love, we have arrangements here in palace to take bath, get properly dressed and go out and ask about Nandini, she is the chief maid over here, she will take you there, I need more sleep but I seriously don't understand why you are up?" He said lying down again.

She didn't know what to say so she said the fact, "I am habituated" but he was already dosing. She quickly put on the rest of the dress and then she stepped into the balcony. The sun had still not risen so she had to with great difficulty find the jewels, no matter if she had become a princess now, she knew the value of things. She found Nandini and went on with the morning rituals. After completing all rituals and praying to the Sun God, she turned to see, spices being crushed. She smiled memories flowing in. She went in there and through her veil saw what work maids were doing. She suddenly burst in, "Hey, what are you doing? You should first let these chillies dry under Sun for sometime and why are you removing its seeds, let them be." She ordered and went.

A.N:-
Namaste! And what you think about the chapter? Whom do you think are the spies and who is in the above pic? This chapter is made with a intention to mainly to give a peak into Varsha's perspective as her role will reduce gradually, entering only the moments she spends with the prince as it is his journey. Thank you!

Please vote and comment!