15. Harsh Confrontation

This chapter is dedicated to Prinnki.

"Yuvraj" thundered the old man from other state. He was angry and agitated. Though addressing the young prince as Yuvraj didn't go well with the King, he didn't comment anything about it, he instead added, "Rajkunvar Prajapati, keep your calm. And what wrong did my son say...he is absolutely right." This fueled even more of his anger, "You are making a mistake. We will declare war. Such insult to my niece is unacceptable. Maharaj, you are breaking your promise. Is this behaviour not misfit for a kshatriya? You all will face the consequences." Before the king or queen could react, the prince said, "Time will tell Rajkunvar, who is making a mistake. War will bring destruction for sure but it will be for both. Our army is larger than yours by 1 and 1/8th times. Plus our army consists of younger and better trained soldiers. And you are not understanding, this was not planned, it was the wish of Lord....our fate. Now you yourself are intelligent enough, think about consequences Rajkunvar."

This was the moment of truth for him. As if to convince him further the King asked, "What promise did I make?" The older prince thought for a while before recollecting it as it is, "That princess of Magadh will become the daughter-in-law of your family." The king nodded. "So that will be done, we will get her married to someone in Raj Parivar....over." he said. Now the Rajkunvar switched on to his diplomatic mode said, "Great King you know Rajkumari Kanaka was promised the place of Yuvrani." "No...she was promised prominence in the court...I never specified Yuvrani post." Maharani said surprising all the 3 men standing in the room. Though she loved the princess, the respect of her family was the foremost for her. "And that promise will be fulfilled...but its up to your daughter to decide...will she like sitting in court with men?" An infuriated Rajkunvar kept quite so did others.

"Enjoy our hostility and while taking back the message even we ourselves will accompany you, to bring back Rajkunvari. There will be servants attending you." Maharani said with respect and left. The three men then discussed about opening this issue in the gentlest possible way to everyone. "But whom are you getting her married to?" Asked Rajkunvar. "That's no issue, we have too many men in Raj Parivar and all have not owed to be Eka-patni Vratas." Humoured the king slightly. It didn't affect the young man even a bit though. "But I am planning on getting her married to my youngest brother." He said seriously. A very shocked Rajkunvar played with words, "But Maharaj, he is a bit senior, already married thrice and has been childless for years." The king nodded as if he had got nothing the Rajkunvar was trying to convey. "So what Rajkunvar, isn't your new bride a very young girl?" He asked. The Rajkumar was silently observing the conversation. He had thought that Rajkunvari was to be married to his younger brother, Rajkumar Airavat. But here something altogether different was conspiring. But he knew and trusted his father too much to interfere. He would ask him later..

A.N:-
Namaste! Tell me how you like it??

Pleas vote and comment!

Thank you!