27. Diplomacy, a need.

The Prince later that evening after a long court session and an argument with his father about a pending decision came to meet his old friend. "Friend, thank you for supporting  me there." said Pavankumar hugging an irritated prince. The young prince nodded,  "But I demand an explanation." Now the older friend had a grin on his face and he pulled the Prince to sit,  "You have been so stressed lately. Being handed over so much of responsibilities and also having Bhabhi. So I reduced some of your stress." "Don't stretch it." snapped the to be Yuvraj.

"Fine,  but why are you so moody lately." asked the taken aback man by the change in demeanor of his friend. "Actually I have been quite stressed lately and today I also had an argument with Dad,  so... But you please tell, I really want to take rest." The fatigued Prince spoke. "Actually.. I convinced Rajkumar Bhargav to get married to Rajkunvari Kanaka. I know you convinced him,  but he wasn't very eager back then. To be frank with you,  it seems,  he also wanted to marry someone  like Bhabhi. It was a strenuous job. But I did it. I just inspired him to do better than you in life and that this was the only opportunity. The King also agreed to it and Rajkumar Airavat, is already on his way to Magadh. He will reach there and convince people over there to let him marry the princess. You can sit back and enjoy the show.  Now it's all up to him. We will just go and attend the ceremony,  but this is to be kept a secret so I didn't tell my father."

"So this was the reason why,  father didn't pester me today. I actually am feeling sad that I didn't get to make this negotiation, it would have been interesting." The Prince smiled for the first time that evening. "No worries, you would keep on getting such opportunities." "But,  Pavan how are you and Father so sure that he will crack this."  "Come on,  Aditya. It would have been difficult, if you would have wanted to do this,  because you are enacting in behalf of the state. But as for him,  he is just an able Prince who would portray that he is much in love with the princess,  why wouldn't the King agree?" the Prince nodded,  there was a point. Personal and emotional ways were often best to use in politics, only thing is you should not get trapped in it yourself.

"Fine,  I am free then as all the arrangements of travelling is already done. I can take a breath for next 25 days then,  because I am sure once we start the journey, Father will keep on assigning me something or the other." Pavankumar nodded and they both bid their Good Nights. While returning he was reminded of his manipulative sister. This time Pavankumar dealed the situation the way Rajkumari Parvati would have. His younger sister's memories brought a smile in his face.

He was 9 years old back then. He has always been passionate about hunting. So he was requesting his father that he wanted to accompany him for hunting. "Father,  Father please I want to go with you. I promise to be careful." "No,  son hunting can be dangerous  at times and you are precious to me and state, no." "Please,  I will be with you only,  I promise to take care of myself." But the King won't just agree. At that time Rajkumari Parvati came there,  "Father, you only said me na,  that hunting polishes the defending and attacking skills of a warrior." she asked ever do innocently, the 8 year old was the absolute favourite of the King. He lifted her in his arms,  "Hmm.... Father, is it important for a prince to be good in defending from a young age,  and is he supposed to learn this by observing  his surroundings?" she asked blinking her eyes. "Yes." the King said confidently,  failing to understand how his daughter who has observed only 8 monsoons, easily tricked him. "So I must come with you father,  right?" the young prince asked smugly making a mental note to thank the princess later. Little did he know that she was unwilling to accept any Thank you.

The defeated king nodded and then the brother sister duo was gone in no time.  But he didn't feel even a bit disappointed, he was only glad that their combination  would prove pivotal to the state in years to come.

This was the method with absolute manipulation and diplomatic skill is how he should deal with the case. He was strong in his opinion but convincing his father was an impossible task based on his past experience. His father stuck to some rules which were as if say of God for him. But this young man was determined to bring a change. Being thoughtful, he entered his palace, only to know that his wife had no less  eventful day than him.

A. N:-
Namaste! Tell me how you like the chapter and Sorry for the late update.

Please Vote.

Thank you for reading.

And if possible please do share this story.