35. Aspects.

Vikramaditya's POV.

She walked towards me and stood before me, I paused for a moment before offering my salutations as she is elder. Though she is my step-sister, daughter of Maharani Kamalnayani, we didn't actually share a great bond. She used to spend time with us initially but suddenly she stopped visiting. "Rajkumar... This will be your first judgement?" she asked and I nodded assertively. "No, Rajkumar, this is not your first judgement, your first judgement you gave when you were only 4. I still remember my sister and Rajkumari Ujjaini had a fight and you were the one to provide justice and you favoured...." she paused and I knew what she meant, I had favoured Rajkumari Indulekha, her sister and Ujjaini still taunts me for it. But at that moment, I just wanted to provide justice.

The picture would have looked of a happy family, but it wasn't that perfect either. The king was seated in the middle, in his palace in the entertainment room listening to the new musician playing and he had a little Rajkumar Vikramaditya in his lap and his favorite wife Maharani Kamalnayani by his side. He had felt happy and contented. He was surrounded by Mukya Maharani, Maharani Suhasini and a few other queens and his daughters. When suddenly, Rajkumari Ujjaini and Rajkumari Indulekha came in fighting. They were arguing about a emerald and sapphire necklace.

Rajkumari Ujjaini put forth her point, "Father, the necklace belongs to me as I was the one who designed it with great difficulty but at that time, I didn't have any money to pay so I borrowed from Indulekha, and now she is claiming the necklace."

Rajkumari Indulekha was not the one to back away she bravely said, "Father, I had gave the money in the condition of getting back the diamond anklets that is heirloom, I wanted that and she is not giving me that." Rajkumari Ujjaini gave her a look before she spoke, "That's my right.. " pride could be detected from miles away in the young girls tone. "Then the necklace, undoubtedly belongs to Rajkumari Indulekha if you weren't forced into this proposal." a small yet firm, fragile yet stead fast voice echoed in the room, it was of Rajkumar.

Rajkumar smiled a little at the fond memory which had led to the first feast for him being arranged at Maharajah Mehal. "That time, I don't think of anything else... Just justice." he told her with the momentum of moment returning back. "Do the same now, Rajkumar." she said and he had already decided on that but hearing it again felt good. He smiled   a little and nodded. But my mind replayed the aspects of his case, yet again as the court room started filling.

The family Aspect.

Rajkumar's mother was highly favouring the revered Kalakar Aadyot.

On the other hand the bond between his father and his loyal and trusted friend Giriraj was well known to him.

The Political Aspect.

Kalakar Mahoday was representing his artists all over. Moreover, he had many admirers who dote on him. A decision in which he will feel wronged will create a great rift.

In the other side were people he considered his brothers, his fellow soldiers. If the genuine Giriraj Mahoday won't be given what he rightly deserves, his brothers, his men, will feel wronged.

But the aspect that troubled me the most was The personal aspect. A few days after given the responsibility of making this judgement...

The cool wind of the night was caressing the my bare body, I gave my shawl to a poor old man on my way. It was too cold even for a warrior like me, and the fast speed of my horse didn't help the situation. As I travelled in my horse grinding my teeth, my mind felt disturbed. From the time, the case was first told, I couldn't stop thinking about the one person... The child. Somewhere I could only feel for the poor little soul. I myself didn't have a safe and secured childhood, I would not be able to forgive myself if I made a decision that would wrong the child, the rest are still not that important. I knew I was wrong partially to think that way but I couldn't help.

As I neared the village I tied the horse to the nearby tree and cautiously went about one of my favorite places in the kingdom, the beautiful village where most of my brothers belong, the town of the brave, Veerpur. I walked a long distance before reaching the huge mansion of Kalakar Aadyot. Before I could contemplate, what made me come here, I heard a shrill cry of a child and my heart beat increased. A harsh voice could be heard, "Haan... Shut up... Or else I would beat you... " the voice of Kalakar Aadyot and the crying of the child stopped. My blood started boiling, the decision is made, it would be in favour of Mahoday Giriraj. Before I could start, my heart contradicting my decision told me to peak in, after sneaking around for a while, from the far, I finally found the room, it had Kalakar Aadyot and the child. Again the child sitting in Kalakar Aadyot's lap was crying, with great difficulty I stopped myself from going forward and that's when I saw, there was a servant there. Both Aadyot Mahoday himself and the servant were trying to feed the child and the same voice resounded and the voice was directed towards the servant seeing which the child smiled. The situation was normal, and a man as elder and intelligent as Aadyot himself was going through all the antics to feed the child. My heart melted.

The child belonged to its father, but who is the father,  the deserving father? And what about Kumari Ramya? I stood up as did others, I knew I would not think about anything not even the child... I would just provide justice, but would the justice still be right, if it harms the child or others?