6. Knowing each other.

The prince went near her and said, "We need to start. Hey but wait, I don't know your name only." She quickly stood up and said, "Varsha" He started laughing, "Varsha? Who names their daughter rain?" He asked mockingly and at the same time knowingly, she had to change her name, a name befitting a Queen. Her voice was calm but firm, she said, "My Lord, for a farmer, rain is very important and when my father had first set his eyes on me, it had rained after many rainless days, so he named me Varsha." He nodded, she was right.

"Aren't you interested in knowing my name?" He asked expecting her to reply about who didn't know his name. But instead she answered, "What will I do knowing, my husband's name, my Lord?" She said trying to hide her smile. He grinned but as if suddenly something had struck he asked, "You don't know, who I am?"  She was now confused. "You are a prince of Matsya Desh." His eyes widened only then did he realise that she really didn't know who he was. "Aren't you Yuvraj Suryasen's brother?" She asked further. Oh God!! She took him to be his cousin. This angered him. He was better than his cousin in every which way. He was the best. How on Earth can she mistake like this?

He took long strides towards her and kept his hands in her arms, "I am Rajkumar Vikramaditya of Ujjain, soon to be Yuvraj." Her eyes widened, shock was engulfing her. Being Matsya Desh's, Yuvraj's, younger brother's wife was one difficult thing that she had mentally prepared herself for. But being Ujjain's Yuvraj's wife i.e. Yuvrani was something else. She lost her balance but he caught her. He knew shock was obvious. What she had taught about was a normal prince who may end up as a courtier of a small state, that to hers own. And here she was going to become, the Crown-queen of not only a foreign but also a much bigger state.
He sat her down in bed, her veil fell from her head as she tried to fix it. "No need" he said and gave her water.

In palace, his mother hardly used veil, only in court, religious ceremony or when visiting the Praja. And this girl over here uses veil for her husband. He knew a lot of trouble was awaiting him. But he didn't regret his decision. She was something and he felt like all the sacrifice was worth it. "Love, I know you will adjust with everything. I will help you." He knew he was partially lying, but letting her confidence down now wouldn't have helped either. "Its time to start sire." A voice came from outside the tent. She stood up and took her veil and covered her face. He was about to tell that in palace no one covers their face, just head that too only sometimes but stopped. She was so beautiful, he didn't want anyone to see her beauty. With that they started their journey to palace.

A.N:-
Namaste! Sorry for the delayed update. What do you think about Varsha? If you like,

Please vote and comment.

Thank you!