23. Mukya Maharani.

This chapter is dedicated to,

KrishnaPriya29
KrishnaPath
Amelashkoza

And especially to Prinkki

Thank you for being awesome....

Happy Reading...

Please Vote and Comment...

As Rajkumar entered his room, he saw his wife lying on the bed, by the looks of it, it was like she was sleeping, but there was something deeper obviously, because a lady doctor was checking her. He rushed to her and asked, "What happened to her?" The lady said "Rajkumarji, actually she has not eaten anything from Morning. I guess she felt weak. Nothing to worry, I have given her some medicines. She should be fine after resting." The Rajkumar sighed in relief and seeing him relax, she added, "Also Rajkumarji, she is still young looks like she has been feeling exhausted, umm....so..." She paused and hesitated, not knowing further how to continue. Thankfully, the queen came there exactly at that time. As the lady bowed, Rajkumar said "Pranam Mukya Maharani."

The Mukya Maharani smiled sadly, how many times had she said Rajkumar to call her Mata, but he never did

The Mukya Maharani smiled sadly, how many times had she said Rajkumar to call her Mata, but he never did. He was too loyal to his mother. But she intertwined and helped the poor lady doctor. "Parihar." She said and everybody left. "What she was saying is that.." She was now looking at Varsha who looked as peaceful as a saint, sleeping. "That you need to maintain distance with your wife for some days." She said and he realized. He nodded but she again turned towards him with a smile and added, "Strictly." She said. "Come let's sit and talk." She said and they both headed to the nearby room.

He ordered some wine to the nearby daasi as he was very tired and exhausted. The day was painfully long and he knew the next would be the same. The last thing he wanted to do now was talk, but he couldn't say no to Mukya Maharani. She affectionately said, "Aditya, I like your wife very much. She is a lot like Kamalnayani, but not entirely. She is very talented. I just came to pay her a visit and after I told her, who I was, she didn't let me go. I had both lunch and dinner here only and she was the one who served me. Her food is amazing. Now if you are wondering why am I saying all this, then it is because you were the one who brought her here right?" She asked a little bitterness evident in her tone.

"Yeah, so..?" He was trying to figure out why she could be angry. "Aditya, you have sacrificed a lot for her and I believe are going to do the same in future. I can see you love her and have to pay a price for it, but in any of these, there is no fault of her. Its not her fault that she is not a Royal or you forced her to marry you or the fact that in your own selfishness you gave her a unreal promise. This was just your destiny." The prince didn't understand, what she wanted to say.

"Lotus is beautiful. But it cannot grow in a beautiful place. It grows in the mud and dirt only. So if you pluck it and plant it in the Royal garden, it will weed in a few days. And same is the case with Varsha. The only exception is that, she has you, her husband. She has no one in this world except you, whom she can trust. She is very good in nature." Before the Mukya Maharani could continued, Rajkumar's patience ran out. "What are you telling Mukya Maharani?" He asked directly. First all the responsibilities in him, second the exhaustion he was facing, third the hunger and last the fact that he had to maintain distance with his wife were all making him angry.

In a crisp voice and angrily she asked, "What did you say yo her before you left?" The prince thought for a while and replied, "I said something like wait for me...yeah..I was going to come back for lunch so what for that now...?" He asked. She glared at him, "So she did what you told her to do, she was waiting. She didn't eat anything. When I came, she served me food, but didn't eat even a bit. Is this the way you treat her after putting her in such a uncomfortable situation. She has only you. And that mother of yours, she had come and also misbehaved with your wife and you said nothing. The doctor said she has not eaten anything from morning, did you care to ask why? She is injured because of you....do you care? Defending her in front of others, standing up for her or protecting her is not the only task you have. You also have to be nice to her. Now go and be nice." She said a bit angry at the way he was treating his newly wed wife.

He nodded and asked, "Do you know Ujjaini is not coming anytime soon and so are others.." She shook her head, "Aditya your sister is married, why do you expect her to be here only and she also like a mad person hangs out here only. Now go, I know all of these. Do what I told you to do." He just went from there. He felt a lot better after drinking. He was so tired now, that all he wanted to do was sleep, not even eat. But all the things, that Mukya Maharani said was roaming in his head. After all, now he had a wife to care for he thought bitterly. He headed to his room once again but this time drunk and a bit changed man as the sudden realisation stuck him. The Royal marriages were done in such a way that, they prove to be asset but now he had taken upon himself a wife who would though be a good wife to him, in reality was a liability.