31. Separation.

Next morning, Vikramaditya left even before Varsha woke up. He could see, she was tired but he was still mad. He directly went to the Shastraalay (the house of weapons), in his palace. He selected, the most horrible weapons,  the kinds of which aren't generally practiced.

He knew he had to have someone really as powerful as him, to fight, so as to feel refreshed

He knew he had to have someone really as powerful as him, to fight, so as to feel refreshed. He went to one of his uncles who loved these fights, and started fighting. Though the middle aged man didn't say any thing, he assumed that, this was because of the argument the prince had with the king yesterday, about a peculiar case. But little did he know that, this was due to something not only far more sillier but also senseless. After the fight, an injured prince returned to the palace. He couldn't keep up with the pace of the calm minded man, and he was also not thinking straight or behaving like a Strategist as one must.

When he returned, he noticed That Varsha was being helped by the maid to conceal the marks, he left on her yesterday. "Parihar. " he ordered the maid and she quickly left after a moment of taking in the prince's  injured form. "Swami." Varsha gasped taking her veil and looking at her injured husband. Clear mind is more important than a strong body in a war. Vikramaditya could practically hear the scolding of his teacher. But he clearly hadn't paid heed to, what he was taught. She rushed to him as water rushed out from her almond shaped eyes.

"You're so injured." she said panicking as if he would die. He shook his head, "I am a warrior, this is a routine for me." he said settling on her dressing table's attached chair, getting irritated by how her jewellery was spread, "Why have you kept your jewellery here?" he snapped in a low tone. She failed to notice his displeasure in her panic state, "I was deciding which to wear. Swami, why didn't you call Vaidyaji, should I call her?" she asked. He shook his head, "I can manage, the lep(cream) for such injury is kept with me. Go search for it in that box." he told her dismissively and she searched and found it. She then applied it mixing some Sandalwood water in it as he had already washed his wounds.

She slowly applied it on him,  scared to harm him. He would have rolled his eyes, if he hadn't noticed her care for him. After applying it, she sat on the ground before him, he was shocked by her behavior but before he could ask, she started sobbing in her palms. Her veil almost started falling at how she was shaking. Her dress disoriented, her half made hair opened. He was shocked. She clearly is over reacting. He was injured but it was not that much. His uncle had fought him not some enemy.

He sat before her, in a kneeling position

He sat before her, in a kneeling position. He slightly touched her soft palm in her face, when she suddenly launched herself on him,  hugging him tightly as if her life depended on it. She didn't stop sobbing. It was good that he stabilized them or else they would have fallen. Vikramaditya was shocked for a moment, she never was aggressive,  he was caught off guard. But only then he realised, how much she cared for him, loved him. He pulled of her veil and hugged her back. But when she was not leaving him, and continuously sobbing, he started running his hand in her long wet hair. And held her like that, till she calmed down and retreated.

"Sorry, Swami. I spread all your medicine, my dress... I ruined... " before she could complete, he kissed her possessively and carried her to the bed. Hovering over her he decided to make himself clear once and for all, "I am a warrior. You're a warrior's wife. Be brave." he said kissing her lightly.

After a few minutes

"I... I... Saw a dream. In that we were getting separated. So, I was scared." she said lying in their bed in his arms panting. He turned to look at her, "Well,  that's going to come true... " he said for fun but her face displayed pure fear. He started kissing her neck, enjoying her fear. He knew he was evil for doing this,  but he couldn't help. She must burn as he did last night. "Swami... " she said again tears flowing from her eyes. "I mean... I am going to Magadh maybe, I will be gone for one and a half months." he said looking at her eyes trying to see some relief, but all he saw was some more fear.

Please Vote, Comment and Share.

Thank you for Reading!