21. Making right Moves

Rajkumar was annoyed a little to convince the idiotic prince, because he had to work but it was all for Rajkumar Airavat. Rajkumar Bhargav will receive a new kingdom, its completely his advantage for which Vikramadiya felt that he was put to work. His anger bubbled and he rotated his sword a little before making a surprise attack that lead the younger prince to be left with bleeding arms. He didn't mean harm but was just angry as to how he was being used by their father. Anyways he knew only too well that this was a learning lesson and not only that but also his punishment for the exceeding lust and the way it made him to react.

He didn't want any misunderstandings with the younger prince, at least not now. "Rajkumar Airavat, you know the pain you are facing now is nothing in comparison to the pain you may feel if you loose this golden opportunity. Rajkunvari Kanaka...is.." Before he could continue convincing the younger prince made a blow and Rajkumar defended it. "Yuvraj, first tell me why you call me Rajkumar Airavat, when the entire palace and even most of the praja calls me Rajkumar Bhargav." He asked. The older prince didn't mind replying but stuck another blow but Rajkumar Bhargav defended it. "They call that with love, you know...that thing is not between us." Saying this he chuckled bitterly.

"Seems you haven't forgotten Mata Avantika's doings." Saying this Rajkumar Bhargav started laughing evilly. But Rajkumar Vikramaditya was no saint, he took the opportunity and hit hard the distracted prince and now he was in the ground crying in pain. Now it was the turn of future Yuvraj, "How can a man forget people who planned his death more than once? And see what your evil doings have got you and about Maharani Avantika, I guess the symbols of ageing have destroyed her life already. Tsk tsk. Bad right?" He said bitterly.

The younger prince accepted his defeat and got up. "What you want?" He came to the point now. He was taken inside by Rajkumar and asked to tend. After he was better, the prince  thoughtfully comprehended his words, "I want you to marry the beautiful Princess Kanaka and be seated in the gems embellished throne of Magadh and not forget, what all I am doing just So you have everything and return the favour someday." He said so seriously.

"Ooo....now the great Yuvraj.." The younger prince was starting but Rajkumar stopped him. "Cut it....unlike you I have to earn everything in my life...I have worked hard and am entirely capable but still.....I am not Yuvraj yet, so it will be better if you don't address me that and if you were going to say its all my mistake then well yes it is. But be intelligent and understand that you are the one benefitting most from it. Being King of Magadh to you is like a dream..otherwise for your capacity I wouldn't have even made you my Commander in chief...you would have ended up bad in life. So shut up accept what you have." Rajkumar made it sound like the best thing ever and the younger prince nodded. With a satisfied grin and a pat on his so called brother's shoulder he said, "I am sure you will make your mother and our father proud with this. So you know the strategy just play your part well." Saying this Rajkumar left the palace.

Now once again he was on the way to his home he pondered if Rajkumar Airavat will really follow everything. Is he planning any treachery? His mind had various thoughts. At that time little did he realise that his convincing powers were good enough. But what he did not understand was that many times betrayal are not by the people before you but behind you. And people who have power are less dangerous, because people who have nothing to lose are the people who are unafraid and can stoop to any level.

While he was walking further, he could see at a distance his friend Maharathi Pavankumar was speaking with a messenger. It was dark and he could see only because they were beside a lighted place. There was a letter in his hand. And behind him was his wife standing. He started walking towards them. Pavankumar was the son of the current Army Chief. He was a great warrior and most likely the next Army Chief. He was very loyal to the prince. As he saw the prince walking towards him, the creases in his forehead disappeared and he smiled brightly.

"Pranam Rajkumar." He said and the messenger bowed. The prince just joined his hand and so did the wife of his friend. He dismissed the messenger and asked, "What is the message? The usual spies or something else?" The prince enquired with almost no curiosity. The prince was tired and exhausted, he hadn't been relaxed for even a moment after dinner, but the prince followed certain rules in his life. And one of them was, always strive to know almost everything. He knew for playing a good political game and making the right moves, information was the key.

Knowledge was something, that almost every Royal had in those days had and if he would just be dependent on that and a little information he got, he  can't survive, so he asked as a habit. Sensing the silence of her husband to the Rajkumar's question Kumari Karuna retreated. But before she could go the prince called, "Devi, I wanted to ask you a help...actually when I would be gone for Magadh can you please care for my wife...she is new here...and...you know..." He said all the while looking at his friend.

Though Kumari Karuna never used a veil but he never even saw her face. That was Adharam for his as she was a friend's wife. "Yes Rajkumarji." She said and went. "So the thing is that Rajkumar all your cousins and even Rajkumari Ujjaini and Rajkumari Parvati will not be able to make it here, before we start for Magadh. They aren't coming to Magadh." He said. The prince nodded, he already guessed but he missed them. "Okay, I better go, I am very tired." He said and finally left there. He wasn't going to wasn'toing to waste another minute without looking at the face of his wife. But while walking his mind retreated to the people far away on a foreign land in a pilgrimage.

A.N:-
Namaste!! Above is the pic of Maharathi Pavankumar. Sorry for the late update. I was busy the whole day and in the small break I got....well I am sorry but I took rest...I was very tired...plus I had to make a big chapter as I feel all of this belong together so....anyways sorry guys...and a question?? I miss writing about Varsha badly...do you all.....alas in these parts there is really nothing much about her, so just asking??

Please vote and comment.

Thank you!!