8. Entry

The king was blazing. He was very angry. How could his son do something without asking him? But the king didn't speak anything. He knew, if he reacted negatively all his courtiers will follow the suite. After all, his son had made him proud all these years, this was his first mistake. And Rajkumar Vikramaditya was his weakness but that doesn't mean, he won't scold him for such a activity. However at that moment he stood there still.

Queen on the other hand was very angry but she followed, her husband's suite and stayed silent. She quietly did the aarti, then arrogantly said, "Remove your veil daughter-in-law I want to see what my son saw in you that he married you such." Varsha was taken aback. Her mother had always instructed her that good daughter in law's never remove their veil in front of men and here her mother in law is asking her to do this. Sensing her hesitation Rajkumar came ahead and said, "Mother, she doesn't show her face to any men except me." Everyone was taken back but didn't utter a word. It was already late, so everyone settled for the night, this can be discussed tomorrow.

Only the King, Queen and the new couple were there standing outside the prince's palace with a few servants around them at a long distance. "I will have a new palace made for your bride Aditya." She said almost pouting. Her love for princess Kanaka was too much, to accept someone else as her chief daughter-in-law, little did she know that she wasn't getting anymore daughter-in-law's. With Rajkumar's looks, battle skills, knowledge, position and mainly his play boy ways the prophecy was long forgotten.

Rajkumar grinned, his mischievous hint could not have been easily missed. He turned towards his new bride and again focused his attention on his mother, "That won't be needed mother, she will stay in my palace." Varsha was in awe with her surrounding. Under the veil, she made sure to see everything she could. Queen was taken aback. "But your palace has only one room that is big enough for a prince or princess and that you have occupied, where will she stay?" She asked. It seemed like there was no end to how smitten he was by her. "She can stay in my chamber." He replied calmly.

The King spoke for the first time, "That is inappropriate son. A princess deserves to be in a separate palace, besides you will many more times in future, at that time this will create a problem." The prince suddenly fell silent and Varsha felt a sudden heaviness in her heart.

A.N:-
Namaste! How you all like it? What you feel about upcoming events? And sorry for short chapter and late update. If you like it,

Please vote and comment.

Thank you!