24. Rasam

As he entered the room,  he saw his wife drinking water as the maid was standing beside her. Even before he could completely enter,  "Ekanth " he said loud.  The maid immediately  bowed and left.  Even Varsha stood up, placing the glass nearby, covered her head.  Earlier this act had touched him,  of how much respect she had for him,  but now it only repelled him further.  He quickly reached near her and pulled the pallu of her head in a bit rough manner,  "Have I not said, this is not needed?" He asked,  she didn't reply.  She had a gut feeling that something was not good.

He slowly let the articulately designed piece of cloth to fall and kept his hand in her arms. Her face flushed. He smirked. Even if she is causing trouble,  she sure is beautiful. He thought in his mind and pulled her in a deep kiss. He hugged her close to him,  but then as if a lightning had fell, something clicked and he released her abruptly. She was taken aback but she didn't say a word.  She already realised that though he was stable,  he was partially under the influence of alcohol.  "Come let's eat." He said. She eagerly nodded.

Rajkumar started walking ahead but when he realised that she wasn't following he turned back.  He realised her dilemma  when he saw her staring at her veil. "You can take it,  but no need to cover your entire face.  There is no man other than me around here." He said and felt a bit guilty when he saw relief wash over her face.  He realised that to a certain extent Mukya Maharani was right.  He hadn't put her in best of places and behaving thus would only increase her sufferings.

They both headed towards the dinning room. Varsha excused herself to heat the food and then she served him. But just as he was about to eat,  he realised that she needed the food more than him and she wasn't even eating. He knew convincing her to eat with him,  would take a lot of time and he was already tired. "Priye, You know,  if we had Vedic marriage.. " he didn't fail to notice how her face fell at the mention of a proper Vedic marriage but he continued,  "We would have had a Rasam of eating in the same plate right?" she nodded.  "Hmm.... So let's have it now,  join me." He said.

She thought for a moment and nodded. She sat before him,  he heaved a sigh at how lately his life had become full of diplomacy and political games and started eating. In saturating his hunger with the delicious  food made by his wife, he lost on the fact that she wasn't eating. Though it was simple vegetarian  food, it was all not only his favourites but he also realised that Mukya Maharani was right, she really had a talent in cooking. Then all of a sudden he saw her with a morsel of food in her hand and blushing she directed it towards him. He looked at her,  "Hmm.... Rasam is complete only when.... Umm....the bride and groom feed each other." He smirked at her shy attitude. "Hmm.... That's right and yeah the food is fabulous." he said making her grin like a child and took the bite from her hand and kissed her finger.

Her cheeks went redder than the rose when Rajkumar reciprocated the gesture and touched her lips, not accidentally though. The Duo had food and when they headed towards their room only two feets were touching the ground. Sometimes you do mistakes unknowingly, but mostly you do them well aware.