20. Brother?

The young prince started to his palace. He was tired and exhausted both mentally and physically. He wanted to just eat and sleep peacefully. But poor him, his mind was completely occupied with the arrangements he need to get up early next day and do, also he felt the strategy they planned was not fool-proof. Their strategy was to announce that princess Kanaka will be married to his uncle. Since the promise given was only this much that, she will be made the daughter-in-law of their family. And then have them convince his father to let her marry his brother, putting them lower. Thus giving them enough place to bargain and convince them to hand over the throne of Magadh to his brother. Actually he was shocked that how his mother had not promised her of the Yuvrani position, but he was ignoring the fact that his mother was the best of politicians. And rule number one over there was, no promises.

But his problem with the plan was that, not a single person was considering the fact that they had Rajkunvar Prajapati, he can easily see through their plan. But no one seemed to agree with him. Everyone was over confident. But above these two issues, if something troubled him then that was the difficulty he would face to convince his so called brother Rajkmar Bhargav. Not only he didn't have close relation with him but he knew that the  only months younger prince was very jealous of him. This was going to be the impossible task.

As he was working his way towards his palace through big gardens, his eyes fell on his brother's palace, it was nearer to the court but very smaller. He thought of talking once to him. This would he the first time in his life, to enter the palace of his only brother. He had cordial relations with his cousin brothers and he even missed them today as all of them were on pilgrimage, but with Rajkumar Bhargav the things had been always sour.

The thing that would shock most was even Maharani Amravati, the younger prince's mother and the future crown-prince even had a sociable relation. He was irritated and didn't wanted to go. He tried to come up with an excuse that, the other prince might be sleeping. But then as an intelligent man that he was, he finally shrugged of all his hesitation and briskly walked in. Before he could demand the presence of his so-called brother through maids, he noticed him practicing sword. He smirked, remembering that its been long, even he had practiced sword fighting. He went in there and to say that the younger prince was shocked would he a lie, "Rajkumar, aap?" He questioned completely perplexed.

"Yeah!" The prince said pulling out his sword and handing its cover to a man over there. "I believe you don't mind practicing with me." The Prince asked. "It would be my pleasure." The younger prince said artificial sweetness dripping from his voice. The younger prince was very angry and that would be shown in the upcoming fight. He was always jealous of Rajkumar Vikramaditya. The to be crown prince was more handsome, better in education, well versed in politics but most of all he was the best, their state had ever seen in war-fare. These qualities were an added advantage to the fact that, the King's favourite son was born only 4 months before him. To top it all now he was asked to marry a girl who loved the man he hated the most.

A.N:-
Namaste!! This emotions are difficult to understand, because now a days, we don't have step siblings, and even if they are there, they aren't together and even if they are together, they aren't asked to fight for the same thing. Rajkumar Bhargav nurtures deep hate for his step brother because of the fact that he is jealous of him, in more than one things, but also because he was insecure and he feels he was wronged. On the other hand if we see our hero, doesn't care the least about his so called brother. For him, till now, he didn't exist and now is just a pawn in his game. So....ya...I am talking a lot.. The above pic is of Rajkumar Bhargav.