Chapter 13

August

*

I looked at this broad I fucked back in the day. Not on no serious tip either, it was just fuckin'. She betta not trynna claim a baybeh on me cause I stayed wrapped like a mummy. "August." I shook my head. "Can't call me dat." She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Yung I got something real important to tell you." I nodded.

"Aight so say it." She scoffed. "I don't want this bitch right here while I'm telling you my business." Aulani was about to say something, but I covered her mouth. "Gone head up stairs fo' a minute baybeh."

"No." She mugged Latrice. "Come on jus' fo' a few minutes." I kissed her. "Fine." She rolled her eyes before walkin' up the steps. Once I notice she was all the way upstairs, I stepped outside with the hoe. "Wassup?" I crossed my arms across my chest. "You fucking her now?"

"Fuck dat gotta do wit you?" I leaned up against my door. "Answer my question, I know you fucking her. Why you messing with that dumbass bitch?" She yelled. Look she ain't rey keep disrespecting' my girl in my face.

"Look shawty you really rey stop disrespectin' my mufuckin' girl in my face. I advice ya to tell me what it is you gotta tell me and then bounce on up and off my steps. Cause I will get my lady ta beat ya ass." She rolled her eyes and sighed.

"August I just want us back together." She grabbed my shirt. "We was never tagether. And get ya hands off of me." I moved her hands. "Yes we was August, what do you call what we had?"

"Fuckin'." I blurted off. "It was more than that, we were in love." She tried ta kiss me. "Yea nah. Aight ma you gone head and bounce cause what you want ain't happenin'." I opened my front do'. "But Aug-"

"Walk away." I cut her off. She finally took directions and walked off my porch and walked down the street. Broke ass ain't even gotta car. "Aight Aulani lets go!" I called to her.

She came down the steps with her face all twisted up. "What's wrong wit' chu?"

"Who was that?" I rolled my eyes. Here we go with this shit. "Nobody important, let's just go." I tried to pull her out of the door. "No I'm not going anywhere until you tell me." She stomped her foot.

"Why you askin' bout her like she important she ain't." I huffed. She chuckled then grabbed her bag. "Ya' know what August, you are full of shit."

"Fuck you mean I'm full a' shit?"

"You want me to open up to you, but you won't do the same. You a backward ass motherfucka. I want nothing to do with you until you switch how you are." She said tryin' to walk past me. She wasn't gettin' far at all cause one I had her keys and two I grabbed her ass up befo' she walked out the do'.

"Lani stopped doin' all this shit fo' no reason man." I sucked my teeth. "Get the fuck off of me August."

"Nah man come on we was jus' coolan." I turned her body around to face me. "But you won't let me in August. Let me know what makes you, you. I wanna know all the pain that has caused you to hurt. I wanna help fix it, but first you gotta tell me." She said wipin' a tear. I would've said no, but her cryin' made me know that she really cares fo' a nigga.

"Aight cry baybeh I'll tell you." I sat on the couch and pulled her onto my lap. "I am not a cry baby." She laughed and stuck her face in the nape of my neck. "Aight get comfortable cause it may take a while."