Chapter 27

Aulani

*

"How did it go?" August asked sitting up in his hospital bed. I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes. "I guess it went exactly how I said it would." He chuckled.

"No it didn't." I rolled my eyes. "Then how it go cause ya attitude says otha' wise."

"I don't know?" I shrugged. "What you mean you don't know? Wasn't you there?"

"Yea but it happened so fast August. I lost my friend in the blink of an eye. One minute we laughing then the next she got all mad and we started calling each other names." A couple tears shredded from my eyes.  "Listen baby girl i don't wanna be the one to say I told ya so but I did." He laughed.

"Fuck off! I'm crying here and you laughing." I pushed him. "I'm sorry but I did." He shrugged. "I don't like you." I laughed and got off of his bed. "Where ya goin'?"

"You hungry right?" I went into my purse and got my wallet. "True good lookin' girl."

"This girl has a name." He smacked his lip. "Yeah yeah."

"I'll be back."

It was only yesterday where Taè and I got into the argument. I really can't believe she let a nigga who ain't true to her or their relationship come in between us. She'll be running back once she finds out though so I don't care.

Stepping off the elevator I made a mistake and ran into a girl who was stepping on. "Oh I'm sorry."

"Yeah I know you are." She mugged me. Who I dusted her slick comment off and made my journey to the cafeteria.

I got August some fried chicken, Mac and cheese, and fruit salad. "He better eat it too." I mumbled as I paid the cashier.

I stepped back onto the elevator and waited to reach the 4 floor. Reaching my destination I walked to August room. Before I walked in I heard an extra voice inside.

I walked inside and saw the disrespectful ass girl who I bumped into downstairs.

"Hello?" I said to get their attention. "Uhh you don't see us talkin'?" She rolled her eyes.  I brushed her off once again and sat August food in front of him. "Thank ya." He was about to dig in, but the unknown broad in the room moved his tray.

"He doesn't need this because I have something for him."

"Whatever it is can wait because he needs to eat." I moved it back.

"But I have some thing he can eat right Aug." she looked and him as he looked between the both of us. "I'm just gonna leave." I walked away. "And take this with you." She threw the plate against my blouse.  I balled up my fist but put it back down.

"Lord l don't have time for this. I know you testing me right now and I won't fail you." I closed my eyes trying to calm my self down.

"Get well soon August." I smiled and walked out the door. Once again I walked away from him and not once did he call me to come back.

*

August

"Na' why would ya do dat?" I asked Bri. She wasn't really nothing to me just a broad I call when I'm dry. "Cause she thought she had you around her finger when she don't." She sat in the bed next to me.

"Nah man it's not even like dat yo. She's somebody dats helpin me recover."

"It didn't seem like that Aug I'm not dumb." She pushed my head. "Stop yo I gotta headache."

"Maybe it's because you got all the damn lies in there." She pushed my head again.

"Bitch didn't I say chill." I pushed her back. "Mm I like it rough." She bit her lip. "Nah man I'm not inna mood so you can go now." 

"Stop playing." She laughed trynna kiss me. "Nah I said go and I mean it." She smacked her lips and grabbed her purse.

"Don't call me no more." She walked out the door. "You be callin' me."

Damn man now I gotta call Aulani back and make things right again cause I know she's probably pissed at a nigga now. And I gotta ask the nurse for some more food.

I grabbed my phone and called her. Her lil stubborn ass let it ring four times before she answered.

"What?"

"Damn ma dats how ya answer the phone for me na'?"

"Yeah since you just love to disrespect me?"

"How I disrespect you?"

"You let any and everybody talk to me however and don't even intervene. You know what everything was going great until we took that trip for my birthday. Maybe we shouldn't have went."

"Fuck ya mean yo. Dat was the first time somebody has ever talk to you like dat in front of me." I said getting mad.

"Well it shouldn't had to be a first August."

"Man whateva Lani just make sure ya ass up hea tomorrow."

"Bet I won't."

"Mmh yea yea."

------------

Welppppppppp chapter 27 is up and out.

Vote and comment pleaseee

Auddie out ❤️