Chapter 14

Aulani

*

I walked into the mall with Ava. "So how's school been coming along?" I ate a warm pretzel from Auntie Anne's. "I'm getting A's now because I took your advice." She smiled.

"That's great, but which advice?" Yeah I give her a lot of it, but I'm her big sister that's what I'm for. "The one about leaving boys alone." I nodded and gave her a high five. "That's what I'm talking 'bout."

"But I seen we switched rolls." She smirked. "The hell you talking about?" We made our way into PINK. "Mama told me you dating August." I rolled my eyes this woman can't hold anything. She remind me of De'janae from proud family, can't hold nothing for shit.

"Wow thanks ma'. You can say we're dating, but we're not we just getting to know each other."

"Mmh. How good are you getting to know him?" She nudged my side. "Get outta here Ava." I laughed. "Hey boss lady." Tamya came over. "Hey Mya, can you show Ava how everything goes in the store?" I finally decided to let Ava work here. Mainly because she has been improving, no sneaking out, no boys, no parties, no stealing, nothing but good grades and manners.

I'm so proud of how much she is maturing. "Sure no problem, follow me." They wandered off to the panties section and I watched from a distance until I felt arms wrapped around me. "What's happenin' baybeh?" August kissed my cheek. "Hey boo." I turned around to peck his lips.

"Man fuck was dat? If ya gone kiss a nigga you gotta kiss him right." He tried to kiss me again, but I stopped him. "August I'm at work." I giggled.

"Surely don't look like your doin' something." He looked around. "It don't do it." Chantaé said coming behind us. "Hello I'm Chantaé, Aulani's best friend and who may you be?" She asked coming next to me with her arms crossed her chest.

August laughed and then grabbed her hand to shake it. "Well bestfren' I'm August." Chantaé gasped and looked between us. "So this is August?" I nodded and laughed at her foolishness. "He's fine." She whispered in my ear, but August kinda heard her.

"Well I'm sorry to interrupt, I'll just find my way to the register." She walked away after giving me the thumbs up. "Oh my God she is so embarrassing." I shook my head laughing. "She ain't dat bad. You got anymore bestfrens I should be worried about?" He rose an eyebrow.

"Yeah just one." I smiled. "Where she at?" He looked around the store. "How you just gone assume it's a girl?" I laughed. "Cause you ain't rey have a nigga as a bestfren' if so he betta be gay." He was dead serious. I know I shouldn't be laughing because he's serious, but it slipped.

"Well anyways there she go." I saw Bria coming to the store with some fries in her hand. "Lani!" She hugged me as best as she could because her belly wouldn't let us. "Hey pooh what you been up to?" I rubbed her stomach. "Trying to find a damn crib. I did not know these bitches was this high. I'm about to see if I can find one at a yard sale for all this." She huffed.

August laughed which caused Bria to pay her attention to him. "Oou you cute what's your name?" She smiled while munching on a fry. That couldn't have been a sexy sight.

"August." He chuckled. Bria eyes widened then looked between us. "Girl this is August?" She squealed. "Yes."

"Oh my God it is so nice to meet you. Lani has talked nonstop about you since you guys have met." She hugged him rocking him back and forth. August looked at me like uhh help. I shrugged and laughed. "I'm Bria her best friend, so definitely we'll have a lil thingy, so I can know if we in the same page about Aulani." He nodded.

"Aight jus' holla at me and I'll make it." She nodded and turned towards me smiling. "Girl I'm so happy for you. Yes get you some dick!" She yelled which caused people in the store to look our way. "Bria get. Taé is back there." I pointed to the back. She nodded and made her way their.

"What time you gettin' off?" He leaned up against a clothes rack. "I don't know why wassup?"

"Cause I'm hungry and I'm spending' the night." He smiled and twisted his hat that was on his head. "Haven't you been staying the night?" I giggled. Since the first time he stayed the night, August been coming to my house or I'll go over his. It's only been two weeks, but it's been the best two weeks.

"Yeah when you ain't at my place." He hovered over me. "Umm hmm." Ava cleared her throat and August backed up. "Wassam Aves?" August dapped her up. "Hey August, what you doing here?" She smirked. "You not slick Ava you know why he here." I smacked my lips.

"I actually came to get my shawty something, but then I saw Aulani." I rolled my eyes. "Don't play."

"What I'm serious." "See how serious you can be on the other side of my door tonight." I smiled then tried to walk away, but he grabbed me. Always grabbing me damn.

"Aight chill baybeh I'm bluffin'( lying; not really bout it)." I rolled my eyes. "Better be."

"Aww goals." Ava cooed. "Gimme kissy." He said puckering his lips. I pecked his lips three times before he let my waist go. "I'll see ya lata' on ta night?"

"Mmh my door will be unlocked." I nodded. "Bet. Aight lil nugget." He ruffled Ava's hair. "Aight bestfrens." He said to Chantaé and Bria who made their way to the front. "Bye August." He walked out of the store.

When I noticed he was out of my seeing distance I turned around to my girls. "What?" I saw the smirks plastered on their face. "You're in love." Chantaé smiled. "Woo there buddy no I'm not." I waved away that thought.

August and I just met five weeks ago. Don't try to play me I got the math down because my birthday is tomorrow which makes the next week. I'm too pumped and I know my girls are with me.

"You are I can tell by the way y'all were looking at each other."

"Trust me Taé were not. We literally just met last month." I assured her. "Okay and? Nathan and I found love within three months of our friendship."

"Yeah, but I've known August for a month, let it happen when it happen don't rush it." Chantaé nodded. "I guess, but it is there already y'all just don't know it." I rolled my eyes and nodded. "Mm okay." She sound like some type of witch crazy lady that be on them scary movies. It's coming and you'll find out when it gets you. Head ass.

-----
Shake ya ass, but watch yourself
Shake ya ass, show me what you workin with
Imma clown!! But Vote and comment please my lovessss. More coming soon!!

Auddie out❤️