Chapter 48

August

*
Two days later

Right now I'm on my way to IHOP so I can work it out with my family. It's been a while since I've seen them. It's been a couple of years to be honest and I miss them like crazy.

I know my mama kick me out and put me on my ass but she's my mama and my beautiful queen.

I can't be that mad at her because all she was trying to do was make me see the bigger picture in the world and  not just the drug life. For the life of selling but actually going out and getting a professional ass job.

And I thank  her for that like every day since she's been here I've been telling  her I'm sorry and I love her because I wouldn't imagine what would I do without her putting me on my ass.
It made me a better person, a better man, and most definitely will make me a better father to my child.

I asked Aulani to come with me you know  for the support but she said it would be better if it was just me and all my family.

She said  some other time she'll come and hang out with us but it'll be the best bet for me to actually get all my emotions and feelings out with them.

I'll pulled into my parking spot and saw  my mama, Travis Jamal Chandra, Tima, Neita and my three nieces get out the car. I took a breath and open my door making my way to them.

I opened the restaurant door  for my mama and the rest of the females and Travis because you know his ass. Something is mentally wrong with his ass. I don't know what it is but he's definitely mentally unstable.

We was escorted to our table. When we took a seat mama was at one end and I was at the other end of the table.

We start off with good morning and isn't it a beautiful day that the Lord has made. I miss them days where we said this in the morning to each other back in New Orleans.

Mama started the conversation off by asking how I've been.

"Good" I reply "You know till trynna survive. Still sellin' and what not because you know that's all I know, all I grew up in." I shrugged.

"Well yeah I guess it is all you know. Ya know you grew up in that because ya hardheaded ass didn't stop . When I told ya to." She semi yelled at me.

"I mean what do you expect me ta do when the person dat I  depended on the most and gave me life kick me out and put you on ya ass?" I yelled causing attention from others in the restaurant.

"Chill out August." Jamal grabbed my arm because I stood outta my chair.

"Aight bro calm down." Travis grabbed me as well.

"No man I just wanna  get my point across. Yes mama I love you dearly and I'm so thankful dat ya hea'  today. And dat we are able to get across this but I just want to know why you put me on my ass when you had Micheal,  who you  knew was strung out on drugs and didn't put him on his?"

Hey for confirmation I swear if I was next to her she would've popped me dead in my mouth.

"Because August Michael is not my child,  you are!  I expect nothing but the best for you I want everything in this world to be for you. When I gave birth to you I knew you were goin' to be my last so I wanted my last  to have everything my first few children never had. " She began to cry.

"But when you dropped out of high school and started sellin' drugs even more afta' Mel died, I knew I lost you.  I knew I lost you for good so I didn't want to see if anyone I didn't want to see or have another one of my children getting killed under my care so I had to let you go I was afraid and my fear was put in front of you."

"But mama that's when you should've been with me the most.!When Mel died everybody knew that hurt me because everybody knew that he was my father figure,brother, bestfriend, my everything. I no longer felt Mel's presence on Earth,  which killed me literally so for you to take me out.  I  felt like I had nobody." I cried.

At this point in time I'm glad we told our waitress not to come until like a good 30 minutes because we knew  this was going to be a heavy topic in conversation.

"Yes August and I understand that now.  That's why I'm here today to fix everything. To be the mother that I was supposed to be. To guide you in the right path to be a grandmother to your beautiful baby.  So I can watch you and Aulani teach it and care for it for which I never could have done." She wiped her tears.

"And if you thought that nobody here at this table right now was scared and worried about. You are wrong! All of us here  worried about you every second of the day. We was scared because we knew you were just a little boy and anything could've happened to you anybody can come and took your life just like Melvin and we just couldn't take another loss."

I'm crying full blown tears like a big ass baby.

" Yeah you're right ma and I appreciate you for that I really do I'm sorry for being selfish. I should've listened to what you said to do. But if I would've, I would not have been the man I am today. I love you so much and I'm just glad to have you here so that my kid can have you in their life because I damn sure needed you in mine."

"Where's that waitress at?  Everyone let's call her over here so we can eat. I'm tired of crying Now my make up messed up. I'm supposed to be looking like Beyoncé and I'm out here looking like Wendy Williams." Mama laughed dabbing her eyes with a tissue.

We laugh along with her. Woo what a talk, I needed this.

---------------
Chapter completed but there's more to come

Auddie out