Chapter 16

August

*

Once we got situated inna house, we decided ta jus' go out ta eat nun serious. It was goin' on 7 here, so most things was about to close down anyway. "You ready ma'." I walked into the bathroom. "Hold on let me finish my make up." She said doin' some shit ta her eyebrows.

"Come on man why you be takin' so long?" I groaned ploppin' onto the bed. She be takin' forever jus' ta get dressed. We started at the same time, but I'm done 30 minutes befo' her. How? Y'all women be on some shit.

"Ok I'm ready now." She said comin' from the bathroom. "Finally." I mumbled. "Oh wait my edges aren't laid correctly." She rushed back. "Fuck." I laid back on the bed.

"Ma just wake me up when you done." I grabbed a pillow. "I'm done silly. I just did that to annoy you." She laughed and stuck out her tongue. I sucked my teeth. "Lets go."

We walked out the room and down the hall before Aulani stopped. "What? Something wrong?" I asked stoppin' as well.

"No I just want you to take my picture." She handed me her phone. Wow. I took her picture as she was trying to figure out a pose to do. "August wait I'm not ready." She laughed. "My fault I thought you liked off guards." I chuckled. "Yeah when they cute."

"Ok I got the perfect pose

"Ok I got the perfect pose." She did one. "Really Afta all dat you come up wit this one." I took the picture. "Yes now give me the phone."

* "This shit right chea' smacks

*
"This shit right chea' smacks." I shoved a spoon of my baked potato in my mouth. "I can tell, it's all over your face." Lani giggled while grabbing a napkin. "Why you ain't eatin' yours?" I asked as she wiped the sour cream off the side of my lip.

"I did eat mine."
"Really? Don't lie ta me." I looked at her plate. "I've been too busy thinking." She sighed. I sat my fork down and drank some of my Hennessy. "About what mama?"

"The whole sex thing." She bit her lip. "Look mama, you a virgin at twenty one. That's shit is awesome, if yeen (you ain't) ready fo' all dat. I'll fall back and wait fo'  ya. My apologies about what happened on the plane. I ain't neva had someone turn dahn a lil pipe from a yungin' so it kinda surprised me. I'm used to bein' gave it not earnin' ya' see. All this shit we've been doin' like kissin', huggin', cuddlin' and shit I August Anthony Alsina Jr. has neva done dat. I'm doin' new shit just as you are." I truthfully confessed grabbin' her hands. I never done this shit with any other female, but her and I guarantee this ain't gone be the last time we do something like this.