Chapter 38

Aulani

*

I'm out shopping with Bria, Joi, and Ava right now. Everyone found out a week after August and I return back home form the little home on the beach. All the ladies thought it was so precious, which it is. They said ever since we became a couple, we have been together 24/7. I mean isn't that how all new couples are, including newly weds. But while I'm here at the mall with the girls, August, Sneak, Teek, and my father is out doing something else.

Hopefully not pressuring my baby to do something he doesn't want to. I'd been damn if he out there doing something where he pulls a muscle and can't give up the good wood when I want it.

Talking about August, he's has done everything times two for me when I have asked him, these past three weeks. He's been really considerate and compassionate with everything. He listens and is concerned about my day at work and other things.  And yes we have had plenty of sex since the mini trip.

We walked into Leather Man, a shoe and clothing store my dad loves to come in. "Do you think your father would like this?" mama asked holding up a tight leather jacket.
"Hell nah that tight ass jacket." Brai laughed.

"I was talking to my children."mama playfully rolled her eyes. Bria smacked her lips. "Oh so I'm not your child no more. After all them times you disowned Joi and made me the oldest." She put her hand on her chest. "And you call my daughter grand baby. I am appalled Ms.Chrissy."

"Bria calm ya milky tits, you are still my baby." mama laughed. We all laughed at that because Bria is a damn fool. As mama put the jacket back, I saw someone walked through the doors of the store. I couldn't tell who it was, but I knew the voice sounded familiar because she was on the phone. "Yes mama I hear you. I'm in Leather Man now trying to find a job application." She said. As she got closer I saw it was Chantaé. No wonder she was getting a job application because I fired her.

She was so mad at the fact that I told her about Nathan she never showed up to work. I told her many times to show up before I fired her ass because I actually made PINK she just helped. She never showed up, so I left her a very vibrant email, sent her last check to her house and gave her job to someone who will show up.

"Aulani is that you?" She asked coming closer to me, but Joi and Bria stepped in front of me. "Whoa back up." Bria held her hand up. Chantaé stopped in her tracks and looked Bria up and down. " You switched up like I knew you would. You was always Lani's little chew toy, lost puppy,puppet, shall I go on." Chantaé smirked. Bria lunged for her, but Joi and Ava grabbed her.

"Well what I really came over for, was to ask you a question Aulani, so tame your pit bull."

"First you will stop insulting my best friend." I stepped around them. "Mkay whatever. Whats second?"

"What is it that you could possibly talk to me about?"I asked putting my hands on my hip, arching an eyebrow. "About the whole Nathan thing. I'm sorry I didn't believe you and I said all those horrible things I didn't mean. Can you somehow take me back and give me my job? I'm failing at life without you." She cried, my face made a sympathetic frown.

Once in my life, we were friends who had each other's back and became the shoulder we could cry on for one another. So it's so hard to just be rude to her still after she's crying her eyes out. "Shh stop crying Taé." I gently patted her back as Bria and Joi looked at me in disbelief. I shrugged my shoulders and wiped her face.

"I don't know about me and you ever becoming friends again because of how you disrespected me, but I wish you the best in life Chantaé for real." I said and she nodded.

"Well could you at least come to New York with me to go visit Nathan and his friends?" she asked smirking. I don't know what that smirk was for, but possibly up for no good.

"No I can't I have a business to run, but thanks for the offer." I began to walk away. "You sure? It's gonna be really fun up there." she assured. "I bet. Have all the fun for the both of us will ya." I said as we left the store before she could say anything else.

"What was all that about? She crying them lame ass crocodile tears." Bria rolled her eyes. "Right and then she smirked right after, she's so phony."

"How could you be friends with her Lani she seems weird as hell." Ava joined. Mama raised her hand. "I said heck." she jumped away.

I shook all of their comments out of my head, trying to come up with my own. What is up with Chantaé? This is the first time I've seen her since the whole thing in front of my house and she disrespects me and my friend.

And then goes from crying to smirking and asking me to go to a whole other with her to see her no good boyfriend. Who tried to kill my boyfriend! Is she fucking kidding me right now? I chuckled to myself. "Whats so funny?" my mother asked.

"Nothing."

"Are you even listening to us?" Bria asked, but I tuned them out again. I have to tell August maybe he knows what's up with this whole New York scam or something.

------------
New York?
Sounds familiar?
Where's my readers from New York?
If you inna house
comment what part you from?

Auddie out