Chapter 26

Aulani

*

"Daddy I said beat him up not kill him." Joi shook her head.

"Dumbass." Mama slapped his head. "I ain't shoot his dumbass. I was running down the street after him. When bullets started flying in his direction." Daddy huffed.

"Was they coming from the gun that you aimed at him?" I asked sitting by August's hospital bed. "No I swea'." He put his hands up in surrender.

"Mmh." I rolled my eyes, not believing him. Who knows what he could've done, we all know fathers get crazy over their daughters.

"He didn't shoot me." August raspy voice croaked. "Right thanks Aug. I told y'all!" My father stood up dancing like he was on Maury.

"Dad stop that's not important." Joi pulled him back into his seat. "The hell its not. Y'all kept blamin' me fo' this shit." He mugged her. "Ok and we're sorry."

"Who shot you August?" I grabbed his hand. "Nate." He said looking in my father's direction. "Nate Nate?" My father stood up in shock. "Nate Nate." August nodded. "Who's Nate?" Mom yelled.

"It's Nathan."

I scrunched up my face.  "Chantaè's Nathan?" They both nodded. "Nah he's not in the game and he's so quiet."

"1. He's not allat quiet. 2. He is in the game, he got in there wit' me and we was real yungins when this happened."

"Oh my God, but are you sure it was him?" Joi asked surely not believing. "Yeah I saw him pull the trigga from a alley."

"So what we gone do?" Daddy questioned. "Nothing. I'm gonna tell Chantaè to give her heads up about him because she probably doesn't know."

"You can't do that." Daddy shook his head. "Why not?"

"She not gonna believe you. She probably gonna have the mindset that you trynna break them up cause we was workin' out." August said which was 50% true.

"I don't care she needs to know." I grabbed my phone out of my purse. "Lani you makin' a big mistake that will cost ya friendship." August tried to grab my phone. "No I'm not in being a good friend." I snatched it back.

Taè be at my house in 30 minutes.

For what?

Just come girl it's important.

Is it about Bria?

Chantaè...😐

Ok ok I'm on my way.

"Well I told her to come to my house so I'm leaving." I kissed August cheek. "You gonna regret this."

"No I won't boy hush up and feel better."

"How you getting home? Did you forget you drove with us?" Joi laughed."No I'm catching a cab to mama and daddy house."

"You don't have to, we on our way out too. August get better and stay outta trouble." August nodded at my mother's commands. "Yes ma'am."

"Aight son be safe." My dad snickered. "The reason he's like this is because of you." My mother slapped his neck and pulled him out the room. "You told me to."

"Goodnight Aug." Joi laughed and walked out the room. "Aulani?" August called before I walked out the room.

"Hmm?"

"Be careful."I nodded and walked out the door to the elevator where everyone else was standing. Well let's get this over with.

*
I pulled up to my house to see Chantaè waiting in her car. "Hey girl." I knocked on her window. She looked up and smiled. Turning her car off, she opened the door and stepped outside along with me.

"Wassup girly?" She leaned against her car door. "Well August got shot earlier." I bit my lip trying to slow the story down, so it wouldn't be as uncomfortable. "Oh my God is he okay?"

"Yeah."

"What happened?" She asked concerned. "My dad went over to his house to confront him about something, but then my mom and Joi told him about the whole girl at his house incident."

"Girl your father shot his ass!" She screamed in shock. "Hell no." I laughed. "You know he probably would've though." She laughed with me. "Yeah but my dad chased Aug out the house where he got shot."

"By who, do y'all know?" I nodded slowly. "Who is it? That Brandon/ Wavy nigga?"

"No." I semi-whispered. "Then who was it?" She lightly pushed me to get me to talk. "Nathan." I spoke fast to get it out. "Wait what?" She frowned her face.

"Please don't make me say it again." I whined. "No say it again because it sounded like you said Nathan."

"I did." She began to laugh to the point where she was crying. "For real girl who was it?"

"It was Nathan, I'm dead ass serious." She folded her eyes. "Nathan would never. 1. He just met August. 2. He doesn't even own a gun. 3. You just want everyone unhappy because your not. It's not my fault nobody wants you."

"August said you would say this." I rolled my eyes regretting telling her. "See you so far up that mans ass that you would do anything for him. He just did all this shit to you, but I bet once his ass get out the hospital you gonna be his maid."

"Look bitch I just told you this so you could watch out because you're man isn't being completely honest with you!" I yelled back tired of her disrespecting me. "I know who the fuck my man is and he ain't the person you saying he is so bitch bye." She got back in her car and started it.

"Retarded ass." I rolled my eyes as she pulled out of my driveway. "Stupid ass better not come running back to me either." I mumbled opening up the door to my house.

-----------
Oh my Gosh it feels like forever since I have updated.....

I'm so sorry that I haven't your girl just have a lot on her plate right now.. between school work for the summer softball and lacrosse season ending but soccer starting.

Once I finished these two summer books I'm reading along with my work, I will update daily.

Auddie out❤️