Chapter 24

Aulani

*

The next morning I woke up in my car. I thought it was all a dream, but nah it was real. I picked up my phone to see I had a lot of missed calls and text messages. Some from my dad, mom, Joi, and Ava, surprisedly I had quite a few from August. My phone only had 13 percent left so I had enough to call somebody to pick me up.

"Hello?" The sleepy voice answered the phone.

"Hey Joi." I heard shuffling, so I'm sure she had set up in her bed. "Aulani where the hell are you?" She semi-yelled.

"Baybeh who ya' talkin' to?" I heard Derrell mutter. "Shh go back to sleep."

"I'm at the dead end of Craig St. my car broke down." I heard her sigh. "I'm on my way stay right there."

I sat in the car for which felt like hours till Joi finally showed up.  I got in her car and she made a u-turn then pulled off. " I called somebody to come get your car." I nodded. "Thanks."

"What was you doing down here anyway?"

"Just driving." I shrugged my shoulders. "August was worried sick about you last night. He called everybody asking if you was with us." I rolled my eyes. "Mm." She must have caught my slick eye roll.

"What happened?" She stopped at a red light. "Nothing." I shook my head. "It's obviously something if his name makes you upset." I sucked my teeth. "I caught him with somebody else."

Her face went from calm to angry to relaxed. I don't know what the fuck that was because usually once mama bear goes to angry it's no stopping.

"Fuck you mean?" She pulled over to the side of the road. "I went to go check on him. Since Derrell said he was upset about something that happened in Cancun. When I pulled up I saw an unusual car, but I shook it off and went to go knock. Before I could knock he and some thot was at the door smiling and laughing." I rolled my eyes rethinking what happened no more than 24 hours ago.

"Wow, I got something for his ass." She mumbled pulling back onto the street. "Joi just leave it alone please. I'm done with him, with love, with everything."

"Lani don't say everything like that."

"No I'm so serious it's too much happening at once I just need to go and get away. The Cancun trip was nice, but I need something by myself." She nodded and pulled up in front of my house. "Ok I understand,  but don't go in this house acting a damn fool okay?" 

"Joi I'm not like that anymore." I was about to get out of the car, but she pulled me back. "Just promise me."

"I promise."

"Ok I love you sis take care."

"I love you more." I got out the car and made my way to the door. She watched me until I was in the house. The first thing I did was make my way to the bathroom. I looked through my draws and seen the famous blades I once tried to use a year ago.

It was going on 10 in the evening. I had been crying my eyes out because I felt like I wasn't needed. Nobody needed anything to do with me. I wasn't happy, I wasn't strong. I was so depressed and weak. I shut my family out because they  didn't need me. I pushed my friends away so they wouldn't see my weaknesses.

I realized that Joi was the child to have everything perfect without flaws. Aiden was the brains, he was so smart and intelligent. My mom and dad was so in love with each other. I was none of those I was different, and Ava didn't need that type of influence in her life. Neither did Tamia they needed a strong big sister to hold them down. That's what they had Joi for. Someone to help when school work got harder, Aiden. To dependent on, mom and dad.

I sat in the tub and began to cut my arm. When the sharp razor was deep enough blood began to flow into the now cold water I had been sitting in debating if I wanted to go through with it. God must've been on my side that day because as soon as I began to loose my sight I saw Joi rushing to my side. If it want for the strong sister I have, I wouldn't be here.

I looked at myself in the mirror seeing my reflection. No way will I let this take me down. This time I will stunt on every nigga in my way. I drop the razor in the trash can and started my shower water. They won't know what hittem.

*

August

Last night I went by Aulani's place, but she wasn't there. So incase of something happening I called her family to see if they had heard from her. All of them said no, so I knew something was wrong.

So I said I would try again in the morning. I pulled into her driveway to still not see her car, but an upstairs light on. I knocked on the door, shortly after Aulani answered.

"Hey." I examined her face and attire. She was beautiful nonetheless, but not one ounce of anger set upon her face or body language. "Hi August what brings you by?"

I bit my lip confused of why she wasn't upset. "Uhh the incident dat happened uhh yesterday." I scratched my head. "No big deal I'm over it." She shrugged. "Huh?" I was shocked.

"Yea it's not like we are together anyway. You can have all the women you want." She smiled still shrugging. "But I don't want them."

"Well I hope it's not me that you want because you ain't getting it. Have a nice day." She tried to shut the door, but I put my foot there. The shit hurt, but this was more important. "Aulani stop. I know you're hurting just let me fix things."

"There's nothing broken August now go." She tried to push the door shut. "Fine I'll go." I removed my foot. "Good. Don't bother coming back either." And with that she closed the door. She'll come back. Just wait. Life is too short to hold a grudge she'll be back.

------
Another chapter goes out to youuuuu oooooooooooo 😭😭😭sorry their short ill rather have many short ones than one long ass one. But maybe that's me🤷🏾‍♀️

Auddie out‼️