Chapter 19

Hola everyone 👋🏾😂
Y'all comments be having me and Meyonda laughing 😂 please if your reading leave a comment because we want to know what y'all thinking when your reading Searching for Love 🤘🏾
We see a lot of you reading but not making yourself known ☹️

New Chapter ⬇️

Aria Pov.

It's our last day in New York and we're here at Ellis Island once again. Since it's our last day they let us pick our own groups and partners to walk around with.
As you already know my partner is Rashad, we been walking around talking, taking pictures, and making jokes about the whole trip.

"Take a picture of me in front of this." I told him. Holding his camera up he snap a couple of pictures. "Can I see?"

"Sure." He handed me the camera and the pictures were amazing as always.

"Rashad?" I called his name out.

"Hm?"

"What made you wanted to be Doctor?" It took him a while to answer, normally people know right from the bat.

"It's uhh sorta a family thing." He shrugged carelessly.

"Oh. How about photography? How did you become so good at it?" I changed the subject.

"To be honest with you I don't really know. I remember when I was little my parents use to throw huge parties at their house, they still do." He chuckled. "Bright lights, soothing music, tasteful food, and many people dress up wearing the finest and sharing conversations. We had a photographer named Victor, his work was outstanding now that I think about it."

"What you mean?"

"Back then cameras weren't as good as they are now, but Victor pictures always came out so wonderfully. To me the parties was always boring even though kids my age were there as well, so I started hanging with Victor every move he made I made.
From holding his equipment to getting more film out his bag and my favorite part being the first to see the pictures. At the age of 7 Victor gave me my first camera brought it everywhere with me, to school, on family vacations even to parties."

"You still communicate with Victor?" I asked.

"No. Victor got fired for sleeping with one of the maids that were already married to one of butlers. Never heard from him since."

"Dang."

"He probably became a photographer." He smiled. "He always said One day I'm gonna work for magazines."

"Sound like he was a good role model." I looked at him.

"He was."

"So why a doctor when it looks like photography is your passion."

"Because I grew up. I made a choice about becoming a doctor and I'm almost there to reach it. And what are the odds of me becoming a photographer?" He looked at me. I don't know if he was trying to answer that question himself or me.

"You never know."

"Plus my parents already paid for my school tuition, there's no turning back now. But I do it as a hobby, for fun." He smiled snapping a picture of me.

"Stop delete it, it's probably ugly." I tried taking the camera from him.

"Nope my camera, my pictures."

"Fine." I rolled my eyes.

"Keep playing they gonna get stuck like that."

"I don't care."

"I bet you don't." He laughed. I looked at the wall with names of the immigrants that had step foot in here.

"You didn't see this already?" He asked me.

"No I think my group forgot." I looked around. "Come on let's look for your last name." I grabbed his hand and ran towards the J section.

"Damn Aria slow down." Slowing down we finally made it. I touched the carved metal with the names on it.

"There's like more than a thousand Joesph on this wall." He pointed out.

"Do your parents tell you anything about your great parents from way back?"

"Nope. Never really came up."

"Oh but we ca-."

"Alright ladies and gentlemen we have to be back on the bus in 5." One of the chaperones told us.

"Come on let's go." He grabbed my arm and we made our way to the busses.

"Is everyone's bag loaded on the busses?" Mr.Bronson asked.

"Yes." We all said in unison.

"Alright load it up." I hurried in the back to the seat Rashad and I had before but it looks like some girls beat me to it.

"Oh I'm sorry we got to these seats first." One of them faked smiled.

"That's fine." I rolled my eyes finding another seat.

"Hey babe. Why you not sitting in the back?"

"They already took the seat." I nodded towards the girls. He turned his head looking at the girls.

"Excuse me could we have our seats back?" He asked nicely.

"I'm sorry we got here first. But there's an extra seat if you like." She patted on the seat next to her.

"Bitch you got me fucked up if you think he gon sit next to you." I yelled out. These pass few days these girls been testing me but now I'm tired of it.

"You don't have to yell."

"I'll yell if I want to, its either you get up or shut the fuck up. I'm tired of you trying to flirt with my boyfriend, he mine what don't you get?" Rashad held my waist because I was seconds from popping this girl in her shit.

"You don't have to get violent." Her and the girls got up to sit somewhere else. She walked passed me almost bumping my shoulder but she knew better.

"Damn Aria." He chuckled while we sat down.

"I'm sorry you had to see me act that way."

"It's fine I like that side of you, I think it's sexy." He held my chin licking his lips.

"You think so?" I bit my lip at his sexiness playing along already knowing where this was going.

"Mhm, do you know how bad I want to kiss you right now?" He leaned in a little closer brushing his lips against mines.

"Not as bad as I want to." I said kissing him first. We kissed each other slowly not bothered if people were watching. I pecked his lips a couple times before before pulling away.

"Them sexy ass lips." He pecked my lips one last time. I laid my head on his chest closing my eyes.

Short I know 😒
This chapter was kinda ehh 🙄 but you got some information on Rashad's background 😋

-Theycallmesheli and Meyonda 💕