Chapter 32: A Glimpse of The Future

(Japanese)

Alice's P.O.V

Morning has finally arrived as I woke feeling the heat coming from the window. Hans-nii is not in the bed anymore. I guess he's making breakfast for us. By us I mean including to those who's having a sleepover. I'm just gonna scoot to the door without disturbing my other brothers while they are still sleeping.

I go to the kitchen and realise, we finally have maid and butler. I disagree with this, so I search for Hans-nii for answers. It was hard to find him, I thought he was in the kitchen, I look everywhere even the room where my friends have their sleepover. I'm just about to give up, so to cool off my head, I go to the study room to read the will that my brother left.

As I arrive, I thought he will be in here but I was wrong. Anyway, I go to the table and search the will under it. I can feel a paper, so I take it out. The paper is an envelope. I opened it and read the will. To be honest, I just read a very valuable will. This is somehow the treasure that was hidden within the house. I'm glad, this is a perfect will for someone like me. I'm given the instrument of music as it said in the will, all of it.

After finishing reading the will, I kept inside of my pocket and continue searching for Hans-nii. Finally, I saw him inside of the indoor garden. I walk towards him and saw mother is sitting on chair while he is standing. Both of them are enjoying the view I guess. Rather than complain about the servants, I join in and admire the artificial scenery that my brother work hard for.

"You know, if you think about the servant, it's actually to help mother while we are gone," Hans-nii realise my presence and knows what I supposed to say.

"I'm not gonna live long enough Hans," mother tell to him. "Sometimes, I do wonder when is my last breathe, every time I'm taking a rest," she added.

Hans-nii look at mother and hold her hand. "That's why, I'm helping you to love just like us. Immortal," brother answered.

I'm starting to tear up, so I drag Hans-nii to the outdoor garden first to talk to him privately. As we are quite far from mother, I ask, "You said everyone is immortal and have eternal youth. Why mother don't have that?"

He take a while before speaking and finally answered, "Mother, she's the one who gave birth to me, Parad and Riku. I'm the one who decides human to have eternal youth and immortality but there's also a consequences."

"And what is that?" I'm already tear up. I thought we're gonna be a happy family now.

He wipes off his tears and said, "God have seen my growth. They realise that the woman who gave birth to me is an amazing person. They decided to let her live a happy lives. She's deserve to have something more to this world so They offer her Heaven. I cannot do anything but before her last breathe, I have to fulfil her wish."

Hearing that made me understand now so I wipe off my tears. She is not immortal like us and God strip the power of immortality to those who They love. Because those person are more than just a normal human. They are the strongest person who does not shows their struggle so they could protect the smile on the people around them. And mother is one of them.

"You know, besides mother there's another person who is not gonna live immortal," brother blurted made me caught the attention.

"Is it one of us?" I ask while we admiring the sunrise.

He went silent then look at me. He kissed my forehead then. I don't know what to feel but I know that sadness is built up to me. I don't want to be crazy and sound like one so I ask him, "Is the one whose gonna die is always woman?"

He just smile sad lay then answered, "No. The purpose of immortality is for those who is not ready to die yet. When they are, God will take them."

I look down and said, "I'm not like mother but why God still wants to separate me from the world?"