Chapter five

Pic: Kings Square School for Future Regents (fancy fancy names, I know)

Kyle

Now

I was on my way to my last class of the day. I was exhausted and did not look forward to it at all. Even though fighting was my favourite subject in school, I did not feel eager today. I was drowsy and in great need of a nap.

It had been a long day, with lots of events; my long-time girlfriend and I got into a nasty fight and I was doing everything in my power to forget my farther, The King of Fight, who had called and said he wouldn't visit on Parents' Visit Day, due to some trouble in the third kingdom Persiondall, Land of the Supernatural.

He did not say anything about what happened, however, his voice clearly sounded stressed and tired, meaning something bad was going on. I knew there was nothing I could do; I was stuck in school for three more years before I had any say in any matter.

My whole future was planned out; every detail was carefully thought through. I was not complaining, even though, it might sound boring or depressing, I had to accept it. I was going to inherit the throne. Meaning I could not do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted to.

A lot of things were expected of me, whether I liked it or not. That was why I for example had to take fighting classes, which is a class we have instead of gym. When my father gets, old and cannot guard the Seven Kingdoms anymore, it is my turn to create safety and peace.

Most of the students at KSSFR, short for Kings Square School for Future Regents, took fight class. It was a good idea if our world ever was to get attacked.

I looked forward to ruling our planet, but I must say I was a little nervous. I had never seen it, since it is only the Kings and Queens, whom are allowed on our planet. Us Sons and Daughters cannot go there before we are old enough to rule. It was a big pressure to know from the moment you are born that someday you ought to rule a kingdom.

Someone who, like me, experienced a lot of pressure and expectations was my best friend Cameron, Son of Aiden, Prince of the Sea. He was, like me, also expected to take his father's place one day.

Cameron and I were the greatest friends just like our ancestors. For many years, our families had been standing side by side, due to our importance.

My family was and has always been in the top of the hierarchy, therefor my father was chosen to be the king of the Seven kingdoms. Under him were seven different Kings and Queens; one for each kingdom. Cameron's father, King of the Sea was in charge of the fifth kingdom Sinilanka; Land of the Water. Even though, there was seven different gods in charge of the different kingdoms, my father was still the one who had the final say in every important thing.

I've always speculated about why we called ourselves Kings and Queens instead of gods. I once asked my father, but he didn't say anything. The only response I got was a headshake. It was my fault; I knew not to ask stupid questions. I was going to be a king, the king, one day and there was no time for stupid questions. At least if you ask my father, King of Protection.

You could compare him to Zeus, a fake god the humans have created using their imagination. Zeus, who was believed to be the king of all the gods, was just like my father; in charge, almighty and a bit frightening.

My father was a powerful and busy man, but even when he was busiest he often talked and thought about my mother. She was the love of his life and his biggest supporter. She was human, meaning they only had a limited time to be together, and in that time, they got me.

Even though it's been almost a hundred years since her dead, my father was still not over her.

My father had been obsessed with finding an immortality drink for my mother, but the only known ever to be made, had been gone for centuries.

He wanted the drink for her, so she would not be human any longer, then they could be together for a god-lifetime. There is, however, no such thing as immortality and forever, even gods, like us, are not immortal. We live for about a thousand years and then we die of old age, if we do not get killed first. I was only 168 years old, meaning I was still in school and had my whole life ahead of me. A whole life to find the love of my life, like my father did.

I was one of the lucky ones; I already found her and new it was her I was going to spend the rest of my life with. It was my girlfriend of two years, Emma.

I just had to sort things out with her again. Every couple fight every once in a while, so I was not the least bit worried for our future. Soon everything would be perfect again. I would be on good terms with my girlfriend, my father would have solved the problems in Persiondall, and my best friend and I would go back to our cabin and take a nap after fighting class.

Speaking of the devil, Cameron came running towards me as soon as I entered the green area in front of the school, where fighting class was being held like always.

He jumped on me and slung his arms around my shoulders, trying to push me down. "Hey, Pretty Face! How's it going?" He exclaimed, while wiggling with his eyebrows.

He knew I hated the nickname 'Pretty Face'. He had called me that ever since fifth grade, when a girl asked me out calling me Pretty Face and said she could not live without me. I, however, declined, because the only girl I had my eyes on, and ever had had my eyes on, was Emma.

"A bit tired, I must say. Emma is driving me crazy, but I'm sure we will figure it out soon, we always do."

"You know it'll work out just fine."

"Yeah, yeah, doesn't mean I have to like it anyway."

"Kyle, you two are meant to be together. You are the most sweet, lovely, and perfect couple ever."

"Thanks." Cameron always knew how to lift the mood.

"No problem, Pretty Face."

"Stop."

"Only one class left, mate, and then we will go back to our cabin and grab a slice of pizza. How does that sound?" He asked, always knowing just what I needed. I instantly agreed, wanting some boy-on-boy time away from my problems, which included a girlfriend in need of attention.

***

NEXT UPDATE COMMING SOON - I'M EXCITED!

I hope you like the book so far!

Perfect joke for reading addicts: 

when you keep buying books even with 73624 unread books already because you have no shelf control