Chapter ten

Piv: new cover! Personalet a bit proud with this one!

We made it to the nurse without any more incidents.

Cam stood by the door and as soon as he saw me he started speaking, "Olivia is in there. I've explained the situation to her."

Olivia, Daughter of Evelyn, Princess of Health was one of Cam's good friends. She could heal everyone: gods, humans, animals, the supernatural and so on. Due to her power, she often helped the school's only nurse out.

It was not like the nurse needed any help. Most of the time no one got seriously hurt, but Olivia liked to help whenever she could. She said it was good practise for when she was going to be the Queen of Health.

All the students at KSSFR were gods, which meant that it was hard to hurt us, but it was not uncommon that we injured ourselves and each other. Some often got wounded during fight class, but not severely enough to go the nurse.

The nurse's office was a small room, with only two examination couches and a desk with two chairs.

"Oliva, he's here."

"I'm ready, just come in."

When we entered, my eyes fell on Olivia, she looked a little distressed.

"We couldn't find the nurse," Cam explained, "and Olivia is a little nervous about doing this. It's her first time healing someone with this many injuries without the nurse."

Cam placed a hand on her shoulder and sent her a small smile. She gave a small nod back and rolled up her sleeves. "Let's do this."

I carefully placed her on the left examination couch. Olivia's sucked in a breath at the sight of her, but she put on a brave face.

"It's going to be okay, Red." Cam said calling Olivia by her nickname. She had bright red hair, hence the nickname. I knew Olivia liked it when he called her that. A small blush appeared on her cheeks.

I faked a cough to get their attention and then pointed to the girl lifeless girl in front of us.

"Oh, right."

Olivia started examining her from head to toe. I asked her why she did not just heal her whole body at the same time. She explained to me that she was not strong enough yet. It was first when her mother dies that she would get enough power to do so.

"It's easier if I know where she is hurt, so I can focus on the exact spot."

Olivia opened the girl's eyelids and let out a surprised noise.

"Has she been responding at all since you found her?"

"Why is that important?"

"It just is, I have to know. So, has she?"

I looked down in shame.

"Kyle, has she?" Cam asked, while giving me a slight punch on the shoulder. "Just answer the damn question."

I took a deep breath, "Yeah, she started opening her eyes, but then..."

"Then what?"

I considered telling them she had passed out again immediately, but I knew it was better to just tell the truth.

"I kind of dropped her."

"You what?!" Olivia looked like she could not believe what I just said.

"Dude, are you serious?"

"In my defence she started screaming and I got surprised, so I accidently dropped her. I'm sorry, alright?"

Oliva sharked her head, "I'm afraid that she might have hurt her head badly. It's going to be hard to fix. I've never done it before."

"Not good." Cam said while running a hand through his hair.

"Can you two wait outside? I don't want you to see me, when I heal her."

"Why not?"

"It's not pretty and I've never done it in front of anyone before, other than the nurse."

"Sure."

Cam and I walked out of the room giving her space to do her thing. We stood close to the door and waited.

A piercing white light came from the room and then a loud scream. Cam and I looked stunned at each other. It was Olivia's. Cameron was the first to react. He opened the door with so much force that it hit the wall with a loud smack.

"Olivia?!"

Olivia was lying against the wall. She was passed out and had a pained expression on her face.

Cam rushed towards her and cradled her in his arms.

"You're going to be fine, Red. It's going to be okay, I promise."

He looked like he was going to cry. I had never seen him like this before.

**

Totally shipping Red and Cam!!

Another book joke (because, can we be honest, those are great!):

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
- Groucho Marx