Chapter fifteen

Pic: I imagine Kyle and Emma like this.

Kyle

"How is she doing?" I asked Cam, who was still a bit out of it after the incident with Olivia. We were sitting in our cabin. School was done for today, so we had decided to stay in and relax instead of going to the bonfire by the beach. The beach was a small shore behind the school, but still inside of the barrier.

"Red? I guess she is doing fine. Still a little shaken, though. They contacted her mother, so everything should be fine."

"I'm glad." I said to Cam, while giving his shoulder a squeeze.

"Hey, what happened today in class? Why did they call for you? Carter told me he had heard some rumours but wasn't sure whether they were true or not."

"Ammi woke up and she saw the Principal's face, then she went into shock and apparently called my name. They gave her something to calm down and went to get me."

"Ammi?"

"Yeah?"

"You told me her name was Amelia-Sofia. You gave her a nickname, Kyle? Emma is not going to be happy about this."

"It's not like that. She told me her friends called her that," I said to him, then continued meaning every word I said next, "And you know I would never cheat on Emma. I love her very much."

"And I love you, Handsome." Emma came through the front door, looking beautiful as ever.

"Good," I smiled at her and puckered my lips. She came over and gave me a quick kiss.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, while she sat in my lap and wrapped her legs around me. Even when we sat like this I was still a head taller than her. I placed my hand around her waits to keep her steady, "Not that I mind it."

"I just decided to stop by and hear if you wanted to go to the bonfire."

"Sorry, but Cam and I agreed to stay in for the night. Watch a movie or something."

"Fine," Emma pouted and gave me a disappointed look, "Then I'll just go all by myself."

"I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun, Lovely."

"Not without you, you know that."

She kissed me again, which resulted in a comment from Cam, "Please not when I am here guys."

"Sorry, Cameron," Emma said not sounding sorry at all, "Well I'll better be of now. Have to change."

"All right, Love, see you tomorrow."

"Bye."

One last kiss and she were off.

"You guys make me sick. You're all lovely dovely and it is gross," Cam said pretending to throw up.

"Just you wait, Cam. Soon it will be you and Olivia."

"Red and me? Don't think so."

We spend most of the night watching whatever came on the television. We found a bag of old chips under our coffee table. I did not smell too bad, so we ate it.

We could hear laughter from the beach. I looked at my watch, it was eleven o'clock. I looked at Cam and we talked a bit about going. We were not sure if we wanted to go, but we decided to go in the end. We were bored and there was nothing good on the telly, so we agreed that we might as well go.

Cam got dressed in tight clothes, but I decided to go in what I was wearing already: a loose pair of grey sweatpants and a black V-neck.

I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth, when Cam came in, "You ready?"

"Yeah, two seconds. I just have to brush my teeth," I said whit my toothbrush in my mouth.

"You know I don't understand a word you are saying, right?"

I spat out the toothpaste and rinsed off my toothbrush, "I am ready, just give me a second."

"Sure," Cam said halfway out of the door. Just as I placed my toothbrush back in the blue cup by the sink Cam came in again.

"Do you think Red will be there?"

"Don't know. You want her to be there?" I asked, while sending him a wink.

"Stop it! You know I do."

"Why don't you just text her and ask?"

"Already did, but she hasn't answered yet."

As he said it his phone lit up. Before he got a chance to take it out of my sight I read 'Red <3' on his screen.

"A heart?" I said in a mocking voice, which resulted in Cam's cheeks turning red.

"Stop, okay? We are just friends, and for your information she chose the name 'Red <3'. Not me."

"Sure," I said, not believing him one bit. He determined to chance subject, so he started talking about me again, "Do you promise me to stay away from Amelia? She's trouble and you know it and there is no reason to cause any more problems between you and Emma than there already is."

"And what do you mean by that?"

"You know, you have been fighting a lot lately, Ky. I did not mean it as a bad thing, I just meant that you should be careful."

"I am, alright?"

"Alright. Let's go then."

**

Joke (This is without doubt the best part of posting a new chapter ahahha):

A patient bursts into a doctor's office, "Doctor, I believe I'm a deck of cards!"
The doctor calmly replies, "Go sit in the waiting room, please, I'll be dealing with you later."