Chapter six

Pic: Carter, Son of Matthew, Prince of the Wind

We had just taken our armour on when Jack called for us. With our heavy swords in hand we walked over to the giant. Despite the fact that he only had one eye placed in the middle of his face Jack saw everything. You could not get away with anything in his classes.

Jack had brown hair, going all the way down to his shoulders. He was a well-built man with big muscles. He was at least three times as big as me which was quite normal, since all cyclops were big.

Many humans imagined cyclops to be enormous, clumsy, and terribly ugly, but that was not even a bit true. Jack looked almost exactly like a human just like us gods, the only differences were Jack's height – he was almost as tall as two-story building – and his face: He only had one eye not two, and with his extremely big mouth – placed under his enormous nose and even bigger eye – Jack could yell so loud the whole school could hear him.

Some would say Jack was disrespectful, due to the way he spoke to us during fighting class. He had a habit of calling us ladies or saying we were not good enough, that we could do better. I was, personally, a big fan of him. When he called me a weak little girl all it did was motivate me to push myself harder.

I wanted to be as good at fighting as he was. I had never seen him fight for real before, only practice, but I knew he had to be amazing at it.

He often told us about his experiences and how fighting was not just a game. In real life, you had to be prepared for the outcome, your enemies would not stop when you begged for mercy.

Jack had proof that this was true. A big scar ran up his left cheek and over his ear. He had gotten it in a fight against another cyclops. He never told us why they had started fighting only the violent details.

***

"Can anyone tell me how you respond if someone attacks you from behind?"

Many raised their hands, including me.

Jack pointed to a student named Carter, Son of Matthew, Prince of the Wind. Carter had been one of the first to raise his hand. He had a slick smile on his face and we all knew he would come with a silly answer.

"I would just fly away." He said confirming what we all expected. Carter, being Son of the Wind had gotten the amazing ability to fly. With his crooked smile and flying skills he was very popular with the girls. I had once asked Emma why and she told me the answer was simple; imagine him carrying you while you fly off into the sunset. I thought it sounded pretty cheesy, but she told me that most girls like that stuff. Of course I told Carter that, being the good friend I am.

"Carter, you know that wasn't what I meant."

"Then you should try and be more specific, Sir." He said in a mocking voice. Some of the other students groaned, tired of his attitude, but some could not help letting out a little chuckle.

"What do you do if someone..." Jack did not even get to finish his sentence.

"Why do I even need to learn this? I am never going to need it. No one wants to kill this beauty." Carter said referring to himself while pretending to do a hair flip. The other boys laughed silently.

"Enough!"

Jack counted to ten and then he started to speak again.

"Can someone please answer the question?"

I raised my hand while preparing a good answer in my head. Jack pointed at me and I started to talk. Halfway through my long and detailed explanation a scream cut through the air. My head whipped around, searching for the source.

My mind almost immediately yelled at me to find out if Emma was safe, but I knew the ear-piercing scream did not come from Emma. It came from the forest.

"Are you ready boys?"

Jack looked very serious and we knew this was not a test.

"We need to find out where that scream came from. Remember to stay focused and do not try to play heroes, okay?"

"Yes, Sir!"

"Get your weapons ready, boys. This is not a drill."

"Yes, Sir!"

"Alright. Come closer."

It did not take more than ten seconds for everyone to get ready. We were standing in a circle like we were about to play one of those stupid human sports for example soccer. We were, however, not going to play some sport. No, we were going to fight.

"Carter, fly up to the force field and get and look for any danger. Come down and tell me what you see." As soon as the words came out of Jack's mouth Cater was on his way. It only took him two seconds then he came down again.

"There is a girl and a giant Frost Hound at the edge of the forest. I've never seen one of these here before. Don't they usually stay in the mountains at Queen Madelyn's palace, Sir?"

"You sure that's what you saw?"

"Positive, Sir."

Jack looked like he considered something. Soon he must have decided on whatever he was contemplating.

"Carter, go find the headmaster. Logan and Daniel, I want you two to warn the guards. Get them here. Anthony, I need you to warn the students. Find one of the big red buttons placed on different locations around the school. Push it and get to safety yourself immediately after. As for the rest of you get as many as you can and take them inside with you. Take them to the safety champers. Let's go, ladies! We don't have much time. The girl's life depends on us now."

No one seemed to mind he called us ladies. I think everyone were a bit out of it. Carter had flown away as soon as Jack had stopped speaking. Logan and Daniel sprinted through the big front entrance of the school with Anthony not far behind.

I looked around. Everyone except Cameron and I had started running around getting people to go inside. Even though a force field surrounded this place everyone had to get behind the school's walls for extra safety.

"Cam, I c-"

"I know, I know." Cameron understood that it was not in my nature to hide from danger. As the Son of Protection, it was my duty to help and protect the ones who could not protect themselves.

"Let's go then"

**

uhhhhh, next chapter up soon!

Can't wait!!

You know the rutine, today's joke:

Why did the Romanian stop reading for the night?
To giver their Bucharest!