Chapter thirty

Pic: Library. Why don't I live near a library like that omggg. It is amazingly beautiful!

Short summary:

"When I have these nightmares, it doesn't feel like I'm dreaming. It feels so real, Kyle. It feels like memories, like something I have seen and experienced. I have never had so vivid dreams, ever."

I was breathing heavily and tried to get my thoughts under control. I could not comprehend what Ammi had told me.

I did not know whether to tell someone or not. She was my friend, but the safety of others could be compromised.

-

In the end, I did not tell it to anyone. Not even Cam. I had chosen not to say anything until I was a hundred percent sure. Ammi's dreams could just be dreams and nothing more. If she turned out not to be a descendant of the Queen of The Cold, I would have caused a lot of unnecessary trouble.

It had been two weeks since the incident. Ammi and I had become very close and she seemed to get along with Cam and Olivia too. Emmastill wasn't fond of her, but she managed. 

Cam and I were headed to our last lesson for today. Ammi said she would meet us there, before she wandered off with Olivia. Ammi had gotten to know the school quickly. I did not have to show the way to the classrooms anymore. She was still in all my classes, but she had become more independent.

The school had finally gotten her a backpack, some new clothing and a couple of our textbooks. I had helped Ammi order the clothes and explained how the school would receive them at the house nearby.

Ammi was waiting for us by the door. She smiled, when she saw us. We walked in together and sat in the front row.

Our history teacher, Mycroft, walked in looking a bit tired. It seemed like he and his wife had been fighting once again.

"Welcome, everyone. Today we are starting on a new topic. We are going to discuss the hierarchy of gods."

Mycroft placed a big stack of books on his desk.

"Here is everything you need to know about the hierarchy," Mycroft placed his hand on top of the stack, "You are going to work together in pairs. Everyone can choose their own partner."

I felt Cam's hand on my shoulder, so I turned to look at him. I excepted him to ask if I wanted to work with him, but he did not. Instead he said, "I think you should work with Ammi. You can help her figuring out the hierarchy."

"What about you?" Ammi said looking at Cam.

"Don't worry about me. I will work with Carter. It's fine."

"Thank you," Ammi said to Cam and turned to me, "Should we get started then?"

"Sure," I sent her a smile and stood up. I walked over and took a book from the stack. Then I asked Ammi if she wanted to do the assignment in the school's library. Ammi asked Mycroft for approval and then we were heading out of the classroom.

The library was located on the second floor at the end of a long hallway. There was not much up here; only the staff room, the headmaster's office and the library. The canteen, the nurse's office and the many classrooms were on the first floor, and in the basement the safety champers were.

On the left side of the school the student's cabins were and, on the right, were the teacher's and the other staff's. In front of the school, there was a big green area, where fighting lessons took place. There was a small, beautiful lake behind the school, where the monthly bonfire was made. I had some pretty amazing memories from that lake. 

"What are you thinking about?" Ammi asked my curiously.

I had completely forgotten my surroundings for a moment, "Oh, nothing. I just zoned out for a bit, I guess."

We were half way up the stairs, when I noticed Ammi took two steps at a time. I shot her a confused look and got a smile in return.

"You were picking up the pace when you were lost in your thoughts. As you can see my legs are shorter than yours, so I had to take the steps two at a time, to keep up with you."

"Sorry, I didn't realise I was doing that."

"No worries."

We did not talk the rest of the way to the library.

I could not help but smile at Ammi's reaction, when I opened the double door leading into the library. There were no windows in the room, which was dimly lit up with small chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. The room was oblong, and shelves covered all the walls from the ground to the roof. Books were perfectly aligned and in alphabetic order. There were multiple tables to study at in the room. There was also a couple of couches to lounge on.

"This is incredible," Ammi exclaimed with her eyes wide open. It made me wonder why I had not shown her the library sooner.

"I know." I said to her, but I did not have her attention anymore. She could not keep her eyes off all the books.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me through the room as if she was in a hurry. The excitement shined from her and I let out a little laugh. She guided us to a round table precisely in the middle of the room. We sat down and opened the books from Mycroft and tried to find the right page. I kept gazing over at her only to find her looking at the books longingly.

"Why don't you explore the library, then I will start on our assignment?"

"Really? Are you sure?"

"Yeah, it is no bother for me."

She almost flew up from her chair, making it scrape across the floor. She was at the other end of the room in a matter of seconds.

I started reading the book in front of me. I already knew everything about the god-hierarchy, but it was okay to read again. When I was done reading, Ammi still was not back. I noticed a piece of paper sticking up of her backpack.

I looked around and saw her at the other end of the room. I quickly snatched the paper and looked at it.

What was this?

**

Joke of the day: 

Do you know how they make holy water? 

They boil the hell out of it!