Chapter twenty-nine

Pic: uhhh, how sweet *_*

Kyle

My eyes were slowly dropping, sleep setting in. I buried my face in my pillow and snuggled into my duvet. The warmth calming me. I had not been a sleep for more than a few minutes, when Ammi let out a scream. I was up in a matter of seconds. 'That girl always seems to get in trouble,' I thought to myself, running to the couch.

Ammi was sitting in an upright position, drenched in sweat. She was breathing hard and had covered her face with her hands.

"What's wrong?!" Cameron disclaimed storming into the room.

I walked over to Ammi and saw that she had started crying. My veins started to glow a faintly and I felt a need to protect her.

"It was just a bad dream. I am okay." Ammi choked out in between sobs.

"You can go back to bed, Cam." I said sitting down beside her.

"I am fine, guys." She said wiping her eyes.

Cam walked over to her and stroked her hair. He said goodnight, then he headed back to his bed, closing the door behind him.

I went over to Ammi and sat down by her side. Her breathing had calmed a bit, but she had started shaking. I placed a hand on her arm closest to me. She seemed to get calmer by the second and I could not help but smile. I knew it was my power to protect people, but it felt good knowing I could help Ammi.

She leaned in to me and I wrapped my arms around her. My veins were still glowing, but the glow started to disappear. When it was non-existent, I knew Ammi felt safe.

She had her head on my chest and a small smile on her lips. I felt my chest tighten and without thinking I placed a kiss on the top of her head.

Silence followed.

"This is nice," Ammi said, finally.

"Yeah," I said agreeing with her. I did not know what else to say. I wanted to know what she had dreamed about, but I did not know if she wanted to talk about it.

After a while, Ammi spoke: "I dreamt I was being chased."

"Chased?"

"By the hound," Ammi stroke a finger down my arm. She stopped, when she reached my intertwined. She softly placed her hands over mine and started speaking again, "I've had nightmares almost every night since I got here."

"Since you were chased." I meant for it to be a question, but it sounded more like a statement.

"Yeah, since I was chased."

"Do you want to talk about what happens in them?"

"It is almost always the same thing that happens in them. I am somewhere terribly cold. I'm mostly wearing this amazing white dress. Some of the time I am also wearing a beautiful crown with a lot of stones and one big sparkling pearl."

I felt my body get tense. This was not good.

"When I have these nightmares, it doesn't feel like I'm dreaming. It feels so real, Kyle. It feels like memories, like something I have seen and experienced. I have never had so vivid dreams, ever."

I let out a long breath, which I hadn't realised I was holding. I had to get out of here, I realised. What was I even doing? I had a girlfriend and here I was, sitting with Ammi this close.

"I have to go, Ammi."

"What's wrong, Kyle? You look pale."

"Don't worry. Everything is fine."

But it wasn't.

I quickly walked to my room and closed the door behind me. I was breathing heavily and tried to get my thoughts under control. I could not comprehend what Ammi had told me.

I did not know whether to tell someone or not. She was my friend, but the safety of others could be compromised.

**

Sorry guys! Way too short a chapter - it will be longer next time, promise!

The joke you all have been waiting for:

You're becoming a vegetarian? I think that's a big missed steak.