Chapter twenty-five

Pic: movie night!

Ammi

The boys came over that night to watch Avatar like we agreed to. They seemed to like it. Tara fell asleep halfway through and Olivia was lying against Cameron. He looked happy.

He caught me staring, "What are you looking at, Ammi?"

I smiled, when he called me Ammi. It showed me that he thought of me as a friend. He noticed my reaction and smiled back.

I turned around to face Kyle who was sitting next to me on the floor. Tara and Olivia had conquered the couch. They had let Cam sit with them. Oliva was sitting in the middle and under the whole movie she had talked her butt off, until Tara fell asleep. I was a little irritated that she had to talk during the movie, but it was okay, because as soon as Tara's small snores could be heard, Oliva was quiet. Olivia had leaned back against Cam and enjoyed his warmth and company.

Kyle and I had been quiet through the entire movie. He had gotten permission to sleep in his own cabin and not the nurse's office for one night. 

It seemed like he had a lot on his mind, so I did not want to disturb him. It was probably something about Emma. I had heard rumors that things had been a little bumpy lately. I hoped they would sort everything out, because I liked them as a couple.

I was getting tired of sitting on the floor, because it made my back hurt. I tried shifting to get more comfortable, but I ended up hitting their coffee table. I let out a little whine and Kyle looked at me. He did not say anything, just turned his gaze to the movie again, not really watching it.

I still had a few bruises left from a week ago. Olivia had explained to me why she did not heal them, and I had fully understood. I still remember my conversation with Carter two days after the incident. He had tried to apologize, and I had been hard on him, but who would not be? The guy dropped me from over three-hundred feet. 

At first, I did not want to talk to him, but he convinced me otherwise. I was furious, "You dropped me! I could have died! How can you even ask me to forgive you?"

"I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say."

I let out a sigh, "My father always said that no man can live with guilt, so I will forgive you, but it doesn't mean I will be your friend again."

"Understood," He looked at the ground. I know I should have said I did not mean it. He was clearly sorry, but the problem was that I did mean it. I knew that I would and could never forgive him.

"Good," I replied.

I shook my head at the memory. I did not regret what I had said, but it was still not fun saying it.

When the movie was over, the guys went home.

***

The next day in school was boring. There was no way to describe how much I wanted to go back to my cabin and sleep for the rest of the day.

I hadn't slept much that night. There was too much going on right now. I tried to understand what I had seen Cameron do, if this was a dream or if it actually was real. I thought a lot about Kyle, and what was going on with him. He seemed so distant. I pictured my father and Ava, my best friend. What were they doing right now, and when would I get to see them again?

The school had gotten me some new clothing and asked me to find some more on the internet. Therefore, I knew my stay at KSSFR would be a long one, or else there was no reason tobuy an entire wardrobe. I told the school that I had no money or my card with me for that matter. They said they would take care of it for me. I do not get how the school had enough money if they were buying clothes for everyone. Maybe the student's parents gave some kind of contribution.

I was close to falling asleep in the last lesson today, so Kyle had to lightly shove me to keep me awake a couple of times. I did not hear the assignment we got, or the groups were we in, but Kyle told me that we were together. When the bell rang, Kyle packed his stuff and I realizedI had to get a backpack of my own soon. 

I had asked at school if I could stay in classes with Kyle, instead of getting my own schedule. I was not ready to be on my own, yet.

"This is an important assignment for me, and I would like to work on it as soon as possible," Kyle said as we walked out of class.

"Sure," I smiled at him, "We can do it right now if you want to. I don't have a lot planned."

"Super.Let's do it in my cabin. I don't think Cam is home, so we can get some peace."

"Sounds great."

We walked to their cabin in silence. I don't know what had happened between us, and I was determined to find out.

**

No joke today... I literally have no good ones ahaha