Chapter forty-two

I was looking at Ammi in her cell, yet another time. I felt helpless yet another time. And yet another time, I was putting on a brave face, so no one would see me cry.

I didn't know what to do. I was in love with Ammi but had a girlfriend. I would never be a cheater, but it felt like I was deceiving my heart.

I would have to break up with Emma. Even if Ammi were to die, I would still be in love with her. It wouldn't be fair to Emma if I stayed with her.

Ammi let out a shutter, pulling me from my thoughts.

It was the first sound I had heard her make since she got here.

A layer of ice covered the walls and the floor was covered in a thin layer of snow. The temperature had fallen and was dangerously below the freezing point.

Ammi's arms and legs had turned blue and she may only have a few minutes left.

I looked at Tara, whom was still here. "Has she even moved yet?"

Tara's eyes were bloodshot, and her voice was thick with emotions. "Yeah, a few times, but only to throw up."

I looked back at Ammi. A frozen, red puddle of blood was by her face on the ground. She was throwing blood up and it hurt physically to think about how much pain she must be in.

As if on que Ammi lifted her upper body, resting on her tired, shaking hands and threw up, adding even more blood to the puddle.

As soon as the dark liquid touched the floor, it turned solid. Ice of blood. It was a macabre scene.

"I can't even comprehend how much pain she must be in." Tara almost whispered. Her eyes started leaking tears again.

Before I could say anything, Ammi let out a deep sigh, making us both turn towards her.

We waited for another sigh, maybe a word, or a flutter with her eyes.

But nothing came.

She didn't move. She didn't breathe.

Sobs rose from my throat and I tried covering my mouth with my hands, as if I could stop the sobs before they came out.

Tara stood up from the floor and went over to my side. She wrapped herself in my arms and we stood there, staring at a girl we had known for a short time, but who had changed everything.

When we had no tears left, Tara unwrapped herself from my body and looked one last time at Ammi. "I will tell the others."

With heavy steps she made her way out of the prison. As soon as the door shut behind her, I fell to my knees.

I rested my head against the diamond-wall, closed my eyes, and whispered a soft: "I love you."

"How pathetic." 

I shut up in surprise and looked around, hurriedly. There was no one here.

"I am over here, you idiot." The voice was high-pitched and not like any I had heard before. Where was it coming from?

I looked back at Ammi, to make sure no one had broken into her cell and was speaking from beside her.

There were no one beside her. It was her

Ammi was alive?

She stood up, gracefully and turned her head towards me. She was showing the white of her eyes and her mouth was hanging slightly open.

She bent down and easily broke off the cuff from around her foot. Those should have been unbreakable.

With her pale, blue face and completely white eyes, she looked nothing like the girl of my dreams.

She started walking towards the transparent wall. She was walking as if she hadn't been hurt, hadn't had trouble breathing, and hadn't just died. What was going on?

"Ammi?"

"I am not Ammi." The high-pitched voice was definitely not Ammi's. When she was standing a foot from the wall, she lightly laid her fingertips against it and it shattered in a million small pieces.

I had to jump a few steps back or I would have been cut by the sharp edges.

"I have been waiting such a long time for this moment. I am finally strong enough."

She effortlessly walked over the broken diamonds and I was speechless. No god, no matter how strong, was able to destroy a diamond wall. 

Ammi just walked by me and headed for the exit. "You might want to hit that alarm on the wall." She said cheekily and pointed to a red alarm. "I want everyone to see what I have planned."

**

Can't wait for the next chapter to be written, am going to do it tonight and I have everything planned out perfectly! Uhhh!

Let's not forget the joke:

Wait for me honey, I'm just finishing my make-up.

You don't need make-up, Jane.

Oh, Richard.... really? That is so sweet of you!

You need plastic surgery.

(AHAHAH)