Chapter forty-one

Pic: Queen of Truth (Lia's mother)

I decided to take matters into my own hands. If someone were to save Ammi it would be me.

I had to find Lia, Daughter of Gilania, Princess of Truth. She might be the only one, who could help me.

I stormed through The Gate and immediately headed for Lia's cabin.

It took me a few minutes to find the right one and I couldn't help but let out a string of curse words. Normally I wouldn't curse, but this situation was different. Ammi's life was at stake and I couldn't find the damn cabin.

At last someone shouted from a cabin nearby if I needed help. It was one of the guys from fighting classes, Logan, who luckily knew the way.

I told him it was urgent; therefore, we ran all the way to Lia.

I thanked Logan, before knocking loudly on the door.

Lia's scared face popped out and when she noticed it was me, she said: "What the hell, Kyle? You startled me with the violent knocks."

"Sorry, Lia, but this is an emergency. I really need your help."

She quickly gestured for me to come in, noticing me quick breath and ruffled hair. I was freaking out.

"What is the matter." Lia asked as soon as I was inside.

"I urgently need to speak with your mother. Ammi's life depends on it!"

"Ammi? Who is Ammi?"

"Amelia, the new girl."

"Well, alright then. Let's get to work."

We headed for Lia's room and sat down on her carpet-covered floor.

I was breathing irregularly and tried calming my nerves, but it was impossible.

"Kyle, you must be peaceful if this is going to work." She said, feeling sorry for me. "I know it is hard. Here, take my hands and close your eyes."

I did what she said. We were sitting crossed-legged and after only a few moments, I was much calmer.

Once my breathing was slow and steady, Lia started mumbling. I couldn't make out what she was saying, but suddenly my body started feeling heavy. I was afraid I was falling asleep, due to the small amount of sleep I had gotten since the field trip. I had stayed up late almost every night, worrying about Ammi. I was in desperate need of a nap.

But now was not the time!

I tried opening my eyes, but they felt to heavy.

I had to wait until they compelled to my will. Soon I was able to open them again, but I was no longer in Lia's room.

I was in what looked like a formal living room. I looked around and wondered where I had gone. There were big windows overlooking a beautiful, green garden with a lot of flowers. Long, red, velvet curtains were framing the big windows. The floor was made of expensive wood and the furniture looked as if it cost more than what most humans make on a lifetime. 

I heard someone clear their throat.

I wasn't alone in the room.

On a big red armchair in the left corner of the room a beautiful woman was sitting. She had long blond hair and was wearing a white, flowing dress. The dress went from above her chest, to her feet and continued almost all the way to where I was standing.

She had a gold tiara on her head and looked like a goddess.

Wait.

She was a goddess.

"You have summoned me child. Tell me your reasons." She said in a booming and strong voice.

She gave my chills.

When I didn't response instantly, she answered for me: "You have come here, seeking to know secrets of the one you hold dear."

This time I was quicker to speak: "That is correct. I need to know the true identity of Amelia Beaufort O'Neil. Who is she?"

The goddess did not want to make this easy for me, it seemed. She could just have said: 'She is Daughter of Madelyn, Princess of the Cold.' Or: 'She is not Daughter of Madelyn, Princess of the Cold.'.

Instead she said something I did not understand the least: "It is not she, but her you seek to find and seek to understand."

She was speaking in riddles. I had no idea what she was talking about. I had not the slightest clue who her was or if we were even talking about Ammi.

"Time is running out, Child." 

I had to get an understandable answer, or I would be leaving with more questions than I came with.

"Then tell me who her is, please."

The goddess made no move to speak, but the room turned unbearably cold and I understood.

My body started feeling heavy again, but this time I knew I wasn't falling asleep. My consciousness was traveling between worlds.

I woke up, back in Lia's cabin. I was by myself, lying on her carpet.

Lia had put a pillow under my head and I appreciated the thought.

She came into the room and asked if I had found what I sought. She did indeed sound like her mother.

"Yes, thank you for your help. I truly value your assistance."

"You are very welcome." She said and noticed I was getting impatient. "You have to go?" She asked with a little laugh.

"I really do." I said apologizing. "I hope you don't feel like I have used you, but I really need to get going. I must help Ammi."

She sent me a smile. "Don't worry. Go and save her. Feel free to come for my help again if you ever need it."

With those words, I was out the door with only one thing on my mind.

How would I be able to save Ammi from herself?

**

Not going to poste a joke today! There is no time, quickly to the next chapter - I am getting truly excited myself ahaha