Chapter twenty-one

A/N: WHATTTT 3 THREE CHAPTERS ON ONE DAY?? Yay!!

Kyle

Cam and I were in the middle of an intense battle. We had made a bet and the winner would get a beer and the loser had to buy it. We had bet about beer multiple times over the past years. It had started, when we were fourteen and found out what beer was, because of a commercial we had seen on TV.

We could not get beer on this side of the Gate under the dome, which was protecting us. Furthermore, gods could not get drunk, so there was no idea to even trying.

In total, I owed Cam a hundred and thirty beers, but he owed me a hundred and thirty-five. We had a leaderboard in our cabin, where we kept score. Sometimes we bet more than one beer, but not this time.

Cam swung his sword and hit my shoulder. I winched in pain. The school had softened the edges on the swords, but it could still hurt, if there was enough strength behind the blow.

I was about to hit back, when I heard Ammi scream. It reminded me of the first time I met her, and I could feel a knot in my stomach. I looked over at the big tree she had been sitting under. She was no longer there, so I looked around.

Cam had also stopped what he was doing, "Do you see her?"

"No," I said distressed. I could see that Cam and I were not the only ones who had stopped what they were doing.

"There!" Someone exclaimed and pointed to the sky. There she was, falling through the air. A few feet over her was Carter. I made a promise to myself that I would kill him later.

It was clear Carter was trying to reach her, but it did not seem as if he was fast enough. I heard him yell help and I ran towards them, but it was not like I could do anything. She was falling fast, and if I even stood in the right spot to catch her she would rip of my arms and then hit the ground.

She was no more than two-hundred feet from the ground now. She was screaming her lunges out and I felt my protective powers turning on. It felt like energy flowed through my veins. I looked at my arms and the visible veins had started glowing in a golden light. It was not a first for me, this often happened, when someone was in severe danger.

The screaming got louder, and it was not because Ammi was getting louder, it was because she got closer.

"A hundred feet!" Cam yelled behind me.

I clenched my hands. I could feel my powers intensifying

"Fifty feet!"

I got stronger by the second, but I was not sure it was enough.

"Twenty-five feet!" I looked up, she was right over me and so was Carter, who still had not caught her.

"Twenty!"

I spread my legs a little bit, getting into position to catch her.

"Ten!"

I heard Jack yelling in the background, but I could not hear what he was saying.

"Five!"

I put my hands out, so I was ready. I shifted my gaze up towards her. I kept my eyes on her.

"Three!"

Here we go.

I had been standing in the right place. She fell into my arms with so much force I felt my bones break before I heard it.

***

My head was pounding, and I had a headache. The room seemed awfully light. I looked around but could not see much. It took me a while to recognize my surroundings. I was lying on an examination couch hard as rocks. I had been spending a lot of time here lately.

A groan came from the only other bed in the room. I turned over on my side, or at least I tried to. I did not make it before I felt a horrible pain shooting through my back. I closed my eyes and used all my energy to stay conscious. The pain got worse, so I laid down and let out a sigh.

"Don't get up. Are you trying to hurt yourself, Stupid?"

"What?" I said confused. I had not seen the red-haired girl standing in the corner.

"Olivia?"

"Yeah, it's me. I must say that I am not very pleased at being here," Olivia told me in a sassy voice, but I knew she was kidding. She was my friend and would do everything for me, just as I would for her.

"Sorry," I said letting out a pained laugh.

"Listen, what you did was amazing, Kyle. You saved that poor girls life."

"It's my duty as Prince of Protection."

"I know it is in your genes, but it was still a heroic act."

I started talking, but Olivia cut me off, "And it makes me proud to be your friend."

"Thank you, Olivia." Her smile was enough for me to know that I would do anything to see it again.

"I am soon done healing Ammi and then I'll move on to you."

"Sounds great."

I remembered the last time Olivia healed someone. It almost resulted in her getting seriously hurt.

"I know what you are thinking, and I am not going to get hurt this time, okay? I have been practicing and talking to my mom. She gave me a few tips, so everything should be alright."

"I am glad to hear that."

Olivia walked over to Ammi and placed both of her hands on Ammi's stomach. A white light started to pass through her veins. I remembered the light Cam and I had seen, when Ammi was brought in and got healed. It had been much brighter and stronger than it was now. Olivia had gotten more control over her powers and I felt proud of her.

Soon Olivia stopped glowing and I raised an eyebrow, "How can you be done so fast?"

"It is because I am really awesome."

"Oliva, seriously, how?"

"Ammi did not get a lot of injuries. One broken bone and a few bruises."

"But how is that even possible?"

Olivia closed her eyes, "I talked to Cameron and we agreed that he was the one, who would explain everything to you."

"Why? It is not bad news, is it?" I said jokingly.

"No, but your girlfriend might be a little pissed and I do not want to get involved in that."

"Oh no, what did I do?"

"You'll just have to wait to find out."

Olivia suddenly got solemn, "I have not taken all of Ammi's bruises away. I have healed her broken bone and most of the bruising, but I need all of the powers I can save on you."

"How bad is it?"

"Well, I have to drug you before I heal all of your injuries, because there is too many. It will be as painful, as when you got them."

Olivia took out a big hypodermic needle and injected the clear substance in my arm.

"Only forty bones in your body hasn't broken, you have massive bruises on your back, multiple of your organs have been..."

I did not hear any further, before the drugs kicked in.

**

Seriously a lot of people getting drugged in this book, ahahah

Today's joke:

Which country's capital is the fastest growing?
Ireland's.
Every year it's Dublin.