Chapter forty-three

Ammi just walked by me and headed for the exit. "You might want to hit that alarm on the wall." She said cheekily and pointed to a red alarm. "I want everyone to see what I have planned."

-

I reacted way too late for a trained god and I could almost hear Jack yelling insults at me. I hit the red button and began running after Ammi.

She was quick, and I couldn't see her, but, luckily, she left a trail of ice. It had its disadvantages being cold to the core. 

She was headed for the school.

She was headed for the school!

If she had been able to destroy a diamond wall, could she destroy the dome?

Probably.

I ran faster than ever before, but stopped dead in my tracks, when I came out of the prison.

Everyone was outside. The Headmaster, the staff and all of the students.

'The Headmaster must have ordered them out', Kyle thought to himself, 'But why? They are all in danger this close to Ammi.'

Ammi spoke, thanking them all for coming and witnessing the 'grandest moment in time'. Obviously, it had not been the Headmaster's plan to gather everyone out here.

How had she managed that?

"I want everyone to listen closely to what I say next. I am Madelyn, Queen of the Cold and you will obey my every wish. First, there is something I need to do. I have been looking forward to coming out of the irritating vessel." Shocked gasps could be heard in the crowd of students.

Ammi's body started shaking and she let out a loud scream, louder than any I had heard before. Suddenly she was encircled with a dense ice-fog. It was impossible to see what was happening, but soon the fog disappeared, and a thud could be heard.

There stood Madelyn in all her glory. She had a long, crystal dress on and her white hair gracefully in a bun. Her extravagant crown was placed confidently on her head. She looked dashing, but dangerous.

Beside her, Ammi's lifeless body had fallen to the ground.

I yelled out her name and ran for her, but someone stopped me. I looked behind me and saw Cam holding me back. "Let go of me!"

"I will not!" He yelled back. "There is no reason for you to die too!"

"Cam, you don't understand. I must get to her!" I was panicking. "I must save her!"

"Kyle, you can't." Cam tried calming me with a soothing voice, but it didn't help. Instead he began yelling, trying to make me understand: "Damn it, Kyle! She is dead! YOU CAN'T SAVE HER!"

I understood that she was no longer alive, but I didn't won't to accept it. "Cam, I swear if you don't let me go, then I will kill you." Cam's arms released me, and I walked slowly over to Ammi. She was lying at the feet of Madelyn and her being the Queen of the Cold was evident in the temperature drop I felt as I got closer to her.

The Queen of the Cold ignored me as I picked Ammi up and walked back to Cam. "I want you all to know that the Myth of the Cursed Child was true. Amelia-Sofia was not my Daughter as you all believed. She is Daughter of Eva, Princess of Kindness and an amazing vessel to help me sneak into your dome. I want you all to know that the destruction of your precious school and the loss of lives are your fault. You should have believed in the old Myth."

I only listened to half of what she was saying, not taking my eyes of Ammi. She was frozen solid and any life in her had been taken away by that monster.

"Kyle." Madelyn said, gaining my attention. "I was particularly surprised by you. It was interesting being part of two young people falling in love. It confused me that you could make Amelia-Sofia fall in love with you, even when I from the start had replaced all the Kindness from her mother with my Cold."

I was finding it hard to breathe.

I had fallen in love with a girl, who held a monster inside.

"It was funny seeing your reaction, when she told you about her dreams. Speaking truthfully, those were my memories. To clear another thing up, I want you to know how I did this great scam. Remember the Hound? I had sent a Hound after her on multiple occasions, but she kept staying in her house or being out in the city. One day I saw my chance. She was out early, and I sent my best Hound after her."

Hearing Madelyn talk about the danger she put Ammi in, I held Ammi's cold body closer to my chest. I was silently crying, hurting.

"It succeeded in biting her and some of my cold were transported into her body. All I needed now was to make her weaker, so that I could grow stronger. Therefore, I kept putting her in danger, but you just kept saving her."

Madelyn held a small pause to get a dramatic effect. "The Hound, compelling the flying boy to let her go in the air, the terrible nightmares. Also, the attack on the school. I had a lot of trouble with that one: I had to make Amelia-Sofia believe she was sneaking away, but I had to get her closer to The Gate, because then my magic in her would be stronger and I could let the monsters inside. Oh, and let's not forget the incident at the lake."

Another pause.

"And why have I gone through all this trouble? Well, it was an open invite to get inside the dome and memorize the place. Furthermore, I fed off of Amelia-Sofia's body and am now strong enough to destroy all every single one of you have ever loved." 

**

ONLY ONE CHAPTER LEFT?!?

Look forward to the next chapter! Things are going down!

No joke, sorry.. But feel free to share yours :)