Chapter four

Pic: Cameron (why don't I know boys, who look like that??)

After a short, but good night's sleep I woke up ready for a new day. I had spent a lot of time with Emma last night. She came over and the memories of her still played in my head. It brought a smile to my lips every time she crossed my mind. If Cameron caught me smiling to myself, he would call me a love sick puppy.

I made my way around my and Cameron's cabin. The first thing I did was to walk over to the coffee machine in great need of my daily caffeine rush. I may have been a god and the heir to the crown, but I required my morning coffee.

While making the coffee I was silently roaming around in our small kitchen. I was trying not to wake the sleeping monster snoring loudly in the bunk above mine.

It was always like this in the morning: I would wake up long before Cameron who were one of those last-minutes-types. Strange enough he was always on time. I envied him for that. I had to wake up at least an hour before I had to be anywhere, just to look somewhat presentable.

I put on some clothes which I had laid on my nightstand the night before, after neatly folding it. I started changing by getting out of my dirty black pyjamas. I put it in our laundry basket and then I proceeded to brush my teeth after drinking a large cup of spinach smoothie. I had made a large portion days ago, so there were still some leftovers.

I had been making healthy smoothies for breakfast for a while now, and I have to say, I have started to feel better. I have also started to run with Cameron every other morning. I had picked up a lot of healthy habits four months ago. Adding more as time went by.

It all started when Emma made a joke about how I was getting fatter and I had to be in great shape if I was ever going to replace my father. I knew it was a joke, but I also knew deep down that she was right.

When I was just about done getting dressed, Cameron finally woke up.

He was done in five minutes, and we were off. We were almost at school when Cameron realised he had forgotten his homework.

"Dude, you're an idiot."

"I know."

"This is exactly why you have to wake up early so you have more than five minutes."

"I know."

"Hurry so we won't be late."

"Better late than never."

"Right."

I told him I would wait for him while he ran back, so I did.

***

It felt like my brain was getting fried. I've never had a headache so bad in my life. If my head were to explode in the next few minutes I would not be surprised.

Math had never been my favorited subject in school. It is not that I did not understand it, I just found it extremely boring. I was often done long before the others, which had me looking longingly at the clock over the blackboard. Time seamed to go by more slowly than ever. I could not help but wonder if it is just me or time really was going slower than usual.

"Urgh, I'm bored, Cam."

"Then help me solve this equation. I literately don't understand anything."

Cameron looked desperate so for the rest of the lesson I helped him the best I could. It seemed hopeless at the beginning, but I think he got a better hang of it in the end.

As soon as the bell rang half of the class was already out of the door, except, of course, Tara. Tara was Daughter of Sophie, Princess of Wisdom. She always stayed behind after classes to ask the teacher for extra assignments.

I would have been like her if I did not have Cameron. He was with me almost all the time giving me no time for any extra projects.

Cameron and I walked to our next class together. It was time for history and I had to admit I was quite exited. We were going to discuss 'The Myth of the Cursed Child' and I had prepared a lot of good arguments, for why I thought it was a myth and nothing more.

**

Can't believe I've already posted chapter four!! YAY

A biiiiitt of a nerdy joke (I love it!):

A: "Knock Knock"
B: "Who's there?"
A: "To"B: "To who?"
A: "To *whom"