Chapter twenty

Decided to POST ANOTHER CHAPTER TODAY!

Kyle led me to the locker room where I waited patiently. A boy came walking down the hallway and I felt like a had seen him before, "Carter, right?"

The boy stopped to look around. His gaze fall on me and I waved. He came over and I regretted saying anything immediately. I was not good at talking to new people.

"Yeah, Amanda? No, it was not Amanda. Um, Anna?"

"Nope, not Anna, but it starts with an A," I said and let out a little laugh. I was usually the one who made a fool out of myself and it felt good not to be the one this time.

"Sorry," He said blushing "I am really bad with names. I am good at recalling faces and I remember meeting you yesterday."

"No harm done," I reassured him, "My name is Amelia-Sofia, but you can just call me Amelia."

"Well, Amelia, it was nice meeting you again, but I really have to get to class, if you would excuse me."

"Sure, where are you headed?"

"In here actually," he said pointing at the boys' locker room, "See you around, Amelia."

"See you."

Not long after that Kyle came out wearing sportswear, "Ready to go, Ammi?"

We walked to the school's main entrance. It was a giant door. As Kyle opened it, I felt warm air coming through. It was hot outside and I regretted taking long pants on. It was really no choice. The only clothes I had was these pants, one pair of underwear, a bra, a pair of yellow socks, and a white shirt with blood stains on. It was the clothes I had had on, when I was going to my friend's house. I don't recall where my jacket or my backpack were. I do remember I had my jacket under my arm, so I must have dropped it along with my backpack. I had had them with me on the way to Ava's house.

The history book was heavy in my hands and I regretted agreeing to read it, while Kyle went to class.

I had found a nice spot in the sun, where I could see what went on in the fighting class, and read in the history book at the same time.

I turned pages until I found the part Kyle told me to read. It was about maturity.

'It can happen for every human in the Sixth Kingdom. On the day of a child's 16th birthday its true powers will show. It is highly important to find this child, before any catastrophes happens. The child will not be able to handle its powers the first few days but will then get a hang of it and explore them. Some children know that they are gods from when they are born, and some don't. Even if they have known their entire life that they are not human, the powers will still come on their 16th birthday and not a day prior. Some goes to KSSFR from when they are just a few days old and some goes there when they are sixteen. It is up to the god-parent to decide.'

I read on and came to a part about different powers. I made it to sentence three until I thought it sounded too ridiculous to spend time reading. I put the book away and enjoyed the sunshine.

I looked over at Kyle to find him with a sword as big as an arm. He was fighting against Cameron and it seemed as if they were having fun while in an intense combat.

I sat against the tree with my arms crossed and eyes closed. I listened to the sound of swords hitting swords. I could feel the sun on my skin and the warmth made me smile.

"What are you smiling about?"

My eyes shot opened and my hand flew to my heart. I screeched and looked up, "You scared me!"

In front of me stood a smirking Carter wearing sportswear like Kyle.

"Sorry," He said, not sounding sorry at all. I scowled jokingly at him and he let out a laugh, "Can you ever forgive me, Amelia?"

"Nope."

"Well, I guess I have to convince you then."

"Shouldn't you be in class right now?"

"Yeah, but I don't really feel like it."

He came closer and took my hand. I looked at him and asked him what he was doing. He did not answer, instead he pulled me away from the tree.

He was still holding my hand, when he turned around to face me. It seemed as if he started to get taller. I raised an eyebrow, not sure what I was seeing. He began pulling my hand with him.

"What are you doing," I asked feeling distressed, "Stop is!"

I looked down and saw that his feet were not touching the ground anymore. He was not getting taller, he was flying.

"Carter, I mean it. Stop."

"You will like it. I know you will."

Suddenly my feet were not touching the ground either. I tried to get my hand out of his grip, but it was no use. He was holding on so tightly it hurt.

"Carter, let go of me."

"Sorry, no can do, sweetheart."

Carter flew so fast that everything around me got blurred. I think I was screaming, but I could not hear it for the air whistling by my ear.

Carter stopped, and I looked around. We were over 300 feet over the ground and he was only holding my hand. If he let go, I would die.

My hair was in my face, blocking my view. It hurt, when it got in my eyes. I moved it away with my free hand, but it kept getting in the way.

"This is not real," I said shaking my head, "It can't be."

"It is."

"Carter, let me down. Now."

"Nah, let's enjoy it for a moment. Chicks usually like it."

"I defiantly do not like this, so put me down."

I looked down again and immediately regretted it. The sight made me nauseas. My hands got clammy due to my rising pulse. The hand Carter was holding started to slide out of his grasp.

I let out a loud scream as I felt myself falling.

**

Jokes jokes jokes: 

Vegans believe meat eaters and butchers are gross.
But those who sell you fruits and vegetables are grocer.