Chapter twenty-three

Pic: Tara, the Princess of Wisdom

Decided to make an update EVERY DAY! Really excited!

Also: 800 reads!!! Crazy! Thank you so much!

My body was still sore, a week later. I knew it could take a long time to feel better after a healing, if it was a big injury that got healed. I was grateful that I had gotten healed, so I did not have to overcome breaking almost every bone.

I had skipped the Parent's Visit Day. My father could not come anyway, so I was fine with the outcome.

I had not seen Ammi lately and I wondered what she had done on the day. There was no way the school had allowed to let her father, a human, come. The day was only for god-Parents to visit their child.

Ammi and I had arranged to meet later today. She was busy in her cabin. She had moved in with Olivia and her roommate Tara. Tara was the Princess of Wisdom and I often envied that. She learned easily and remembered everything she had learned without even trying. She was a sweet girl, though. I am sure she was not capable of hurting anyone, even if she wanted to.

I was getting dressed in real clothes for the first time in a week. I had been at the nurse's office all week, because the headmaster wanted me to stay there, until I felt one-hundred percent well.

I was not allowed to attend to my lessons yet, but I had gotten permission to go out during the day. I still had to sleep in the nurse's office for a while, though, so they could keep an eye on me.

I put on a pair of tight, black jeans and a dark-green hoodie. When I first came to the school I wondered how I would get new outfits if I was not allowed outside of the Gate. One of the great things about this school was that they had already thought of that. All the students had computers. It was not hard to afford that, when you are a god. We could just order clothes over the internet. Every end of a month some of the teachers would go to a nearby house, where a truck had come over the month and left packages. No one lived in the house, it was simply a cover.

I looked in the mirror and liked my casual look. I moved on to brush my teeth and yelled through the bathroom door, "I am ready when you are, Cam."

"I am ready, too!" He yelled back.

We were meeting the girls by the beach. It was not as sunny as it was a week ago and you could feel the winter coming.

"Are you ready to show Ammi your powers?"

"Sure, it is going to be fun. She is going to think I am a wizard."

"Only if she believes it is true."

"What do you mean?" Cam said looking at me. He fell over a small branch on the path, because he did not look where he was going. I had to take deep breaths to stop laughing so hard. It was always fun to see Cam fall. I do not mean that in a mean way. It is hilarious, because Cam is a high guy and when he falls, there is a long way to the ground.

"Sorry," I said lending him a hand to help him get up.

"Now, what were you saying?"

"I asked you, what you meant, when you said Amelia would not believe me."

"Oh, that. She thinks she's sleeping and that this is all a dream. That there is no such thing as gods and Kingdoms."

"What? That is weird."

"I know. I have tried to convince her, but it's like she just doesn't want to believe it."

We walked by the school and took the trail leading to small lake. The girls were already there, when we arrived. They were three instead of the two we expected to be there. Ammi and Oliva had brought Tara with them. I did not mind, and it seemed as if Cam did not either.

"Hey, Tara. I didn't know you would be here," Cam said while smiling at Tara. It was not an unpleasant smile, but more of a surprised one.

"Cameron, the girls have told me about your powers and I must say that I am excited to see them," Ammi said looking at Cam.

"Okay," He replied in a cold voice. I observed him. What was his problem?

It continued for a while. Ammi would try to make conversation with Cam and he would answer with one or two words. Finally, I could not take it anymore. 

"Girls, will you excuse us for a moment, please."

Olivia shut Cam a sharp look. She was clearly not happy with his attitude. Ammi was looking at the ground and it was clear that she felt uncomfortable.

** 

Cam's got some problems O-O

One of my favorite joke!!: 

Jokes about PMS are NOT funny. Period.