Chapter thirty-eight

Pic: Olivia and Tara shipping Kyle and Amelia. Anyone have a good ship-name?

A/N: not edited yet! Sorry Xxx

After I had gotten on my way too tight bracelet, Kyle and I had made our way to The Gate, where about twenty pupils were waiting. The teacher I had noticed from training lessons, were also waiting. He was probably needed if anything were to go wrong. He looked like a big cyclops from a fantasy book.

Kyle and I hadn't spoken since we left the office and he had helped me getting my wristband on.

Without a word I went over to Tara and Olivia and he headed for Emma.

I couldn't help stealing a few, secret glances his way, most of the time he was looking at me, too.

Tara walked from my left to my right side and ruined my view of Kyle. "Are you even listening?"

"Sorry, you were saying." I felt like a lousy friend, too busy chasing the guy I love.

Love?

L-O-V-E.

When did that even happen?

I felt the blood draining from my face at the thought of being in love with Kyle.

It was doomed. I would end up with a broken heart and he would end up staying with Emma.

"Amelia? Hello?"

"Sorry, what?"

"Whereare your thoughts at?" She noticed I was looking somewhere other than at herand soon noticed the reason. "Ahhhh, I see. I have no way of competing with that."

"You won't have to. He already has Emma and I am not going to be the one ruining that." I said solemnly.

Olivia joined the conversation. "You won't have to ruin it. They were bound to break up eventually."

I was shocked at her confession. "What do you even mean?"

"No one likes Emma. Kyle will soon notice her real identity." Olivia said with a smirk on her face.

"But haven't they been together for, like, forever?" Tara asked her.

"Yeah, but now he has Amelia to compare her to." Olivia answered Tara as if I wasn't there.

"That is not going to happen, I don't want to ruin their relationship, girls."

Olivia held her hands up mockingly in defeat. "Alright, alright. But I saw how he looked at you at the bonfire and I ship you guys!" She exclaimed excitedly.

"Ship?" I asked in wonder.

Olivia raised an eyebrow at me. "Yeah, s-h-i-p. The act of someone wanting two individuals involved in a romantic relationship."

"I have literately never heard of that before. You must be making it up." I said in disbelief.

"I promise you I'm not. I saw it in some TV-show."

I looked at Olivia in wonder. She was speaking to me as if we had been best friends forever. "I thought you didn't like me?"

Olivia looked confused at my sudden mood change. "Why would you even think that?"

"The way you and Cameron acted in the canteen. You weren't answering my questions or even trying to make conversation with me, well, at least not a good one."

Olivia let out a sigh, "I know. We weren't acting very nice, were we?" It was a rhetorical question, so I didn't make a move to answer. "I made a few assumptions about you but have decided not to judge you." She laid her right hand over my left. "I am so sorry, Amelia. Can you forgive me?"

"Of course." I said without hesitation.

I changed the subject quickly, because the atmosphere had started to darken: "Not that I am complaining, but why are we even going on this trip?"

Tara was the one to answer: "Once every month we are going on a fieldtrip to somewhere on the outside, so that we don't get mad in here. It is also a good opportunity for studying, because all the elements are present: Water, earth, air and fire. For the fire part we will make a small fire. Furthermore, there are different animals we can examine."

"A-a-a lake?" I said stammering. "A few miles from here?" I couldn't believe it. The only lake in a twenty-miles-radius was the one almost next to my house. I looked down at the red bracelet. I would be able to see my house and maybe my father, but he wouldn't be able to see me. It was more than I could bear.

"Are you okay?" Olivia asked, supporting me with a hand on my shoulder. "You look pale."

"I-I-I'm fine." I said stammering. I didn't want them to know we would be close to my house, they wouldn't let me come if they knew. I didn't want to pass the chance of being close to my father.

"Are you sure you are okay?" Tara asked, not believing me. I nodded in response, signaling that this conversation was over.

***

We had been walking for half an hour and soon arrived at the lake. I had gotten chills when walking through the forest, remembering the Hound chasing me.

When we had walked by my house, on the way to the lake, I hadn't been able to keep my eyes of it.

Maybe my father was in there?

There was no reason to check. It would be too hard, knowing he couldn't see me. Couldn't rush to me and take me in his arms, telling me he missed me. Couldn't look me in the eyes and tell me to 'never scare him like that again'.

Maybe I would never see him again.

I couldn't handle the truth and tried to think of something else. I looked around and saw the pupils scattered around the lake. One of them had started a fire and were making small fire-figures in the air. They looked like rabbits with long ears, whom were running around in the sky, trying to catch one another. The rabbits burned out soon and disappeared in smoke, but the girl just started making new ones.

I looked at her in wonder and Tara told me that it was the Princess of the Heat. Could have guessed that.

To her right Cameron was standing in the lake mid-waist. He was making a beautiful spiral of water over ten feet high.

He had taken his shirt off and Olivia couldn't keep her eyes off of him.

Tara cleared her throat and Olivia's head turned around so quickly it could have fallen off. A blush spread over her cheeks and down her neck, almost as red as her hair.

"Don't hate me just because I have a hot boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?!" Tara exclaimed. "Is it finally official?"

"Yeah, he asked me after the night of the attack. Told me he was afraid of losing me, before he could call me his."

Tara and I let out sighs. "How romantic. I wish there was a boy interested in me. You have Cameron and Amelia has Kyle, but who do I have?"

"I don't have Kyle." I said in protest. "And no guy here deserves you, Tara. You are an amazing girl, who only deserves the best of the best."

"You are right, I am amazing!" Tara said pushing her chest forward. Olivia and I let out a laugh, but it was cut off by a loud yell from Cameron.

Our attention returned to him immediately, but we couldn't see him. Everyone was on high alert and Kyle had started glowing a faint gold, ready to protect someone.

Cameron's head broke the surface of the water and he managed letting out a short scream, before he was pulled under again.

**

LONG CHAPTER, YAY!

Joke of the day:

What would you call a fish with a missing eye?

A fsh, probably.