Chapter thirty-nine

Pic: O_O

The cyclops teacher was yelling commandos to the pupils, but I stood helpless and didn't know what to do.

"Don't go into the water!" The teacher yelled, but Olivia were headed there anyway.

"Olivia!" I shouted, starting to run after her. "Stay out of the water!"

The Princess of the Heat had started heating up the water, so the attackers would come out. It made some of the water evaporate and the top of Cameron's head could be seen.

I was still running towards Olivia, trying to stop her from entering the water. If she did, she would end up like Cameron.

"Olivia, don't go in there!"

She wouldn't listen.

I was only two feet away from her, when something from the water reached out and pulled her down. I made it just in time to wrap my arms around her and start pulling against the strong arms from the water.

The water was still heating up, therefore the attackers started getting out. I couldn't see their faces clearly, but they were slender and was like nothing I had ever seen. They were completely grey and the image of them were shaking? It was impossible to concentrate your eyes in their direction, almost as if they were controlling the light around them. It made them impossible to see clearly.

I was still pulling at Olivia and finally the monster-like-thing let her go, making her fall on top of me.

I let out a scream, when I felt something in my ankle snap. The monster had gotten out of the water and Olivia was trying to get off of me. Stumbling in fear. 

She was pulling at my arm, trying to help me get up, but I couldn't stand on my ankle. Another monster approached Olivia and she had to let me go.

The monster was climbing on top of me, but there was no one to help me. Everyone was fighting their own fight, most of them losing.

The monster had me trapped and I almost puked at the foul smell coming from it.

An unbearable pain started spreading in my body and I couldn't think straight. My body worked on instincts and I saw ice spreading from my fingertips to my arms.

Letting out a loud scream the monster flew off of me, covered completely in ice.

***

Kyle

We were under attack. It was the second time ever that False Eyes had attacked us. Usually the monsters on earth went for the Queen of the Cold, because she had been cursed for eternity.

It made no sense for them to come after us, unless, of course, Ammi was the Princess of the Cold.

The False Eyes had been giving their name, due to their ability to chance the light around them. Their image seemed as if it were shaking and it was impossible to see their true appearances.

Cam was out in the water, struggling. My veins were glowing a fierce gold, I was ready to protect him, but I couldn't reach him.

Every single one of the students were fighting with all of their strength, but it wasn't enough.

They were too many.

A False Eye were trying to get a hold of me, while I tried running towards Cam. Multiple times it succeeded on knocking me down, but I was quick to get up and out of the way.

I should have brought my sword.

I noticed that Madia, Daughter of Clarine, Princess of the Heat, was trying to help Cam, while she herself was fighting against a False Eye.

A faint blue glow came from under the water and Cam was able to control the fluid. He was able push himself ashore by creating a big wave.

I didn't have to help him anymore, therefore, my attention shifted. I looked around and noticed Ammi and Olivia were in trouble. They were almost all the way across the lake. I would never make it in time.

I started sprinting with all my might, thinking that this situation was utter chaos.

Even Jack's abilities were under pressure. He was fighting against three False Eyes, if not more.

Suddenly Ammi let out an ear-deafening scream and fell backwards.

Everyone stopped what they were doing, even the False Eyes.

Ice was shooting out of her hands in enormous amounts.

I stopped breathing, not believing my eyes. 

Ammi was singlehandedly killing all of the False Eyes.

Killing them with ice.

How could she be that powerful, no one was that powerful. The rest of us had been training for years and were no near as mighty as her.

The monsters froze to death and the lake was frozen solid.

Ammi fell heavily to the ground, fainting from physical strain.

I had stopped running, but when I saw the look in Jack's eyes I picked up my speed again.

I had to get to her first.

Or else he would kill her.

And I couldn't let him kill my heart.

**

Things are starting to go crazy O_o

Buuut let's not forget the joke:

I wanted to tell you a joke about leeches. But I won't – they all suck.