Chapter forty-four

Pic: The Queen of Kindness

A/N: this is the last chapter before the epilogue, can't believe it's soon over! It has been such a journey, thank you!

I was silently rocking back and forth with Ammi in my lab, waiting for this nightmare to be over. I had my lips on her forehead and repeated 'I love you' over and over again.

I knew the whole school could see me, including Emma, but in this moment, I didn't care.

I would break up with Emma in the best possible way, so she wouldn't be hurt badly and could soon move on.

There was no one else for me other than Ammi.

Madelyn snapped her fingers and everyone's feet froze to the ground. We were all stuck. No one could stop her from destroying the dome, destroying our home and our lives.

Madelyn almost danced to the dome, happiness radiating from her.

She quickly started covering The Gate with ice, trying to break it. It would take a long time, even for her; The Gate was old and mighty powerful.

"Stop." A booming voice said from above.

Everyone turned their attention to the source of the voice.

It was my father.

It was my father?

I couldn't believe!

He and the Queen of Kindness, Ammi's mother, had come to save us.

The old man was looking as powerful and determined as ever. He was wearing his heavy crown of royal gold and clothes fit for the leader he was; a tight-fit uniform with all of his medals hanging below his right shoulder. Originally, way back in time, the leader of the gods wore clothes assembling to the human's idea of a Greek god. However, time changes and my father had grown up as a New Yorker kid, not knowing he was next in line for the title as King of Protection.

As for the magnificent woman standing beside him, she was wearing a pale-yellow dress, which went all the way to her feet and made her look elegant. A gold crown was placed on her head, just like my father. Her blue eyes were completely different from Ammi's warm brown ones. I had been told the Queen of Kindness always had soft and kind looking eyes, but in this moment, she looked anything but kind.

"What have you done to my daughter?" The kind Queen yelled.

For the first time, the Queen of the Cold almost looked scared.

My father was now glowing an intense shade of gold and had closed his eyes in concentration.

Eva, the Queen of Kindness, was heading my direction. She didn't spare me a second glance, only having her eyes on her daughter. It would have to be the first time she saw her.

Gods weren't allowed to see their babies unless they stole them from their human parents. It was brutal, but most gods and goddesses left their child in the care of humans until their 16th birthday.

The Queen kneeled down in front of me and carefully placed her hand on Ammi's cheek. "What has she done to you my beloved child?"

Ammi was cold in my arms and pain ached in my chest, knowing Ammi would never meet her true mother.

The Queen blocked my view of the fighting scene, which was happening mere meters in front of me. 

I heard Madelyn scream in agony and my father's ragged breath. She was a strong contestant, but my father was barely affected by a fight. He was stronger than her. Almightier. 

Loosing track of time, I wondered how long the fight had been going on.

A deep quietness spread.

Who had won.

I had closed my eyes, not wanting to know the result.

"It's all over now, children. Please remain calm and head inside the dome to safety." It was my father speaking.

He must have won.

"Child," The Queen of Kindness said slowly. "You must let go of my daughter, so I can take her home. She and I must return to Himsio, Land of the Sky, to give her a proper goodbye."

It was stupid of me and I knew better to disobey a direct order from a Queen, but I couldn't let go. I just couldn't accept Ammi's death.

"Kyle," My father said, out of breath. "I didn't know you had found a girl, who mattered this much to you. I'm sorry, but it's time to let go, my son."

I let out a gasp as The Queen almost pried her out of my arms.

"Say your goodbyes now, my son." My father said, then he and the Queen returned to Himsio with a captive and a casualty.

**

:'(

Epilogue posted soon!