Chapter seventeen

Pic: the bon fire (imagine it a bigger ahah)

"This is pretty cool!" Ammi cried, when she saw the enormous bonfire. Her eyes lit up; she looked like a child Christmas morning.

"Yeah it is," I said, not really finding it as fascinating as I did the first time I participated in the bonfire.

"How would you like it if we introduced you to our friends?" Olivia asked Ammi. Ammi grinned and said in a witty voice, "It would be a pleasure."

"This way then, my lady," Olivia said in return. Olivia slung her arm under Ammi's arm and they walked ahead of us.

I looked over at Cam to find him gazing at Olivia.

"You really are a lovesick puppy."

"Shut up, I am definitely not lovesick, nor a puppy, okay?"

"If you say so."

We followed Olivia and Ammi around letting them have their own conversation for a bit. Carter came and greeted Ammi by kissing her hand, "Hello, I am Carter, Son of Matthew, Prince of the Wind."

Ammi let out a giggle and I felt my stomach turning, because of the scene.

"Hey, I am Amelia-Sofia, nice to meet you."

"Likewise, I have not seen you around here before. How come?" Carter said with a charming smile.

"I've just arrived here two days ago," Ammi looked at me for confirmation. I gave her a small nod in return.

"Say if you need a tour of the place sometime. I'll be glad to help."

"Thank you, I will," Ammi's lips turned upward, because of the sweet gesture and I decided it was time to introduce somebody else.

"Let's continue, shall we?" I said starting to walk away, "There is someone I would like you to meet."

I looked around, trying to spot Emma. I heard her before I saw her. Her angelic laughter could be heard through all the chatter. I headed towards the sound and found her sitting with some of the other girls. She looked stunning and I do not know if it was possible, but I think I fell more and more in love with her, every time I saw her.

She looked up, when she heard footsteps. She smiled, when she saw me, and I loved that she got happy just by seeing me.

"Hey, Beautiful," I said kissing her forehead, when she stood up to greet me, "I want you to meet one of my friends."

Cam, Olivia, and Ammi walked up behind me, "You know Cam and Olivia, but I want you to meet Ammi."

"Hey, my name is Amelia-Sofia, but you can call me Ammi."

"Hello, Amelia," I knew she said my real name on purpose. It was to point out that we were not ever going to be friends. She continued talking, "I am sure Kyle already has told you a lot about me. I am his girlfriend. The name is Emma and I am the Daughter of Isabella, Princess of Beauty. What is your title?"

"Title?"

"Yeah, your title. What is it?"

Ammi looked over at me in a questioning manner, "Well, I don't have a title like you guys. I have a last and middle name instead, so my full name is Amelia-Sofia Beaufort O'Neil."

"You don't have a title? How did you get through the gate then? You can't be a human."

"Ammi, would you excuse us for a minute?"

"Sure."

I took Em's hand and we walked away from the group. We could still see them form where we stood, but it was out of earshot.

"Listen, Ammi has been one of the few descendants who grows up as normal humans. You know that our powers first show themselves, when we are sixteen. Ammi is fifteen and she has no idea that she is like us."

"Does the principal know?"

"Yeah, I told him everything important about Ammi."

"This is a problem, Kyle."

"I know."

"There are only two in this generation of gods, who hasn't had children that we know of, of course. She has got to be a child of theirs. If she is not, she couldn't have come through the gate."

"I know."

"What if she is Daughter of Madelyn: Queen of the Cold? What then?"

"Maybe she is not. Maybe she is the Daughter of Eva: Queen of Kindness and Love."

Emma did not say anything for a while.

"Look, I know. I know that this is a bad situation. I have thought a lot about it and even talked to the headmaster. He says she can stay here until her 16th birthday. If she by then turns out to be Daughter of Madelyn and not Eva, she will be banned from the school."

"Good," Emma looked relieved.

"Can you make me a promise?"

"Of course."

"Will you keep it a secret? No one, except the two of us and the headmaster knows, and I would like to keep it that way."

***

Emma and I had joined the others after our talk. Ammi was sitting a bit away from the group of girls and Cam. Emma had walked straight over to the big group. I felt bad for bringing Ammi if she would end up feeling left out, so I went over and sat down next to her, on the stone she was sitting on.

"Having fun?" I asked.

"Yeah, it is alright. I think I'm just tired, that's all."

"I know what can cheer you up," I smiled at her and it was clear to see it influenced her, so she began smiling too.

"What is it?"

"I have talked with the principal."

"William? With the four eyes?" She looked like she was getting nauseas.

"Yeah, him. I asked him where you would sleep, when you can't stay at the nurse's any longer."

"What did he say?" Ammi looked exited. It seemed like she had thought about it herself.

"Well, he said that you could stay in of the cabins like the students. I don't think there is any free, but he said you could ask around. They will just put an extra bed in the place you decide on."

"That's great!" Ammi slung her arms around me and I got so surprised we fell off the stone. I let out a surprised squeal. Ammi was on top of me, but off again a second later.

"Sorry."

"No problem," I laughed it off.

"I think I am going to ask Olivia if I can stay with her and her roommate."

"Sounds great. I am sure she will say yes."

"I hope so."

**

Wasn't feeling very creative with an Author's Note today.... soooo, any amazing jokes?