Chapter eleven

Pic: made this cover, but felt like it was a bit tio romantic and cheesy for this novel ahaha - what du you think?

"What happened?!" Cameron almost screamed at me. He has tears in his eyes.

"Honestly I have no idea." I said trying to sound calm.

"This is all her fault." You could almost hear the disgust in his voice.

I observed the girl. She was lying still and looking somewhat peaceful. I felt bad for her and I was sure she had not done anything to deserve this.

I walked over to Cam, whom was still holding a passed-out Olivia. I carefully kneeled, "Can you feel a pulse?"

Cam placed two fingers on Olivia's neck, "It's there, but it is very slow. We have to get the nurse."

"I'll go get her."

I was halfway out of the door, when a loud gasp sounded behind me. I spun around and was met by an unusual sight. Olivia sat up straight and showed the white of her eyes. She fell back down against Cam. Cam started talking to her, asking her if she was okay. She did not answer him, but her eyes started opening.

"Red? Red, can you hear me?"

She groaned in discomfort and looked confused.

"Where are we?"

"We are in the nurse's office. What happened? One minute you asked us to give you some work-space and the next we see a bright white light. Are you okay?" Cam stroked Olivia's hair while he talked.

"I have no idea what happened. It's never happened before."

"Maybe you're not ready yet?" I assumed, "It's a big deal healing humans."

"You're probably right."

***

It was night and about three hours since the incident in the office. A lot had happened after that: Cameron and I had been yelled at for over thirty minutes straight by an angry Jack. We had also gotten the nurse to check on Olivia and the mysterious girl. The girl still had not woken up yet. Everyone had just been let out of the Safety Chambers and we headed for their cabins. I knew Cam and I would get a lot of questions about the whole thing in the morning, but right now I was too tired to care. I was almost ready to turn in for the night I just needed to find my black pyjamas. I felt like I could sleep a hundred years and still be tired.

As soon as my head hit the pillow my mind started processing today. When I had not fallen asleep twenty minutes later I let out I frustrated sigh. I could not seem to relax. Too much had happened today, and I could simply not settle down.

After another twenty minutes, I got out of bed and started wandering around in the cabin.

Loud snores came from Cam, who was asleep in his bed. Cam had gotten home later than I did. He had stayed behind to take care of Olivia. She was still shaken an hour after the accident.

Around two o'clock I decided to sneak out. I made my way over to the big path, which lead form the students' cabins over to the school's main building.

It was dark outside, and I was careful not to make any sound. I would get detention every day after school for a whole month, if I got caught out past curfew.

I was almost at the end of the path, when I heard voices. It sounded like they were close. I looked around and considered my options: I could keep walking and hope that it was other students, or I could find a place to hide. I choose the latter.

Without much time, I ran off the path and behind a nearby three and held my breath. Soon two female students walked by, talking about god knows what. There was no reason to hide anymore, but I did not want a lot of questions and rumours about where I was going.

After they were gone I waited a little while longer, just in case they would come back. When nothing had happened three minutes later I came out of my hiding spot and continued to walk.

The school did not have an alarm system, so I was not afraid to go through the main entrance. I made my way through the hallways. It felt like it had been ages since the last time I was here, when it had only been a few hours.

I looked at the door for a while. Big black letters were placed across it, spelling "The Nurse's Office". I hoped the girl was still in here. If she was not I had snuck out for nothing. It would take years to search the whole school for her and I had approximately 30 minutes.

I knocked and waited.

When nothing happened, I leaned in and put my ear against the door. I heard footsteps and was about to take a step back, when the door opened and hit me right in the face. I fell to the floor and groaned in pain. My nose was throbbing, and I felt blood starting to flow, but as soon as it started, it stopped again. My nose was back to normal and there was no sign of blood.

"Oh, I am so sorry! I did not mean to hit you."

"It's fine," I said, getting up.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Sorry, again," she said, covering her head in her hands, "It's so typically me. I'm terribly clumsy."

She did not say anything for a while. She just looked at me.

"Your nose isn't bleeding anymore, how did it stop so quickly and where did the marks go? It doesn't make any sense."

"Gods don't really bleed, and when we do, it stops rather quickly."

"What?" She asked, looking at me like I had to heads.

"What?" I asked back, confused by her reaction.

"A god, really? I might be a bit drugged up, but I'm not stupid."

"Drugged up?"

"Yeah, they gave me some clear substance, when I woke up. They told me that I wouldn't stop screaming, so they had to calm me down. I think I'm still a bit doped. Everything seems a bit hazed and I'm a bit sleepy."

For the first time, I looked at her, like really looked. She was quite beautiful, actually. She had nut brown hair with a lot of curls. Her eyes were dark brown, and her lips were plump and slightly pink. She was wearing the same outfit she did, when we found her. They were bloody, and I wondered why no one had borrowed her some clean clothes.

It took me a while to notice she was frowning at me.

"What?" I asked, while raising one of my brows.

"Why are you even doing here? If you don't mind me asking." She was swaying a bit as she talked.

"I just came to check up on you, also I couldn't sleep."

"Cool."

"Yeah."

An awkward silent appeared and no one said anything the next few minutes.

"Would you mind helping me back in bed? I don't think I can get there by myself in this state." She looked back at her bed and I followed her gaze. By bed she meant one of the examination couches. It had been made into a temporary bed with a sheet, a duvet and a pillow. The examination couch was high, so the nurse could stand and work over a patient. Therefore, I understood the girls concerns about getting into the bed alone, in her state of mind.

"Um, sure." Emma was not going to like this.

Instead of thanking me she just nodded her head and turned around. Before I could say any more she was standing by the bed.

"Alright, let's do this." I said awkwardly. I easily picked her up, for the second time in a couple of hours, and placed her under the duvet. I tugged her in, while she made a joke about me acting like her father. I choose to ignore it and carried on. When I was finished, she was fast asleep.

"Well, goodnight then."

**

Long chapter this time! :D

Yet another amazing joke:

Can a kangaroo jump higher than a house?

Of course, a house doesn't jump at all.