Chapter 17 - Fairies vs Phantoms Part 2

Enjoy!

-------------------

Lucy: Last time on Fairy Tail: Legend of Roxas.
Erza is striking down Aria with her Blumenblatt.

Happy: We have defeated the Element 4
Jose appears and he quickly defeats Natsu, Ariel, Gray, Elfman and Mira.

Lucy: Jose is still too powerful, I would imagine only the master would beat him
Erza re-equips into her Black Wing Armor and battles Jose.

Happy: But we still have Roxas, right?
Roxas headbutts Gajeel away.

Lucy: Roxas used up too much power and now he's down! Please Roxas, get up!
Roxas is thrown across the room and lays on the ground.

----------------------

Roxas felt like he was falling into an abyss. His whole body felt numb. Wherever he turned, he saw nothing but darkness everywhere.

'Where am I...? It's so..cold...'

A flicker of color caught his attention. Roxas looked closer and the black area around him evaporated into a different scene. He was hovering over a group of people in the rain. Strangely, he couldn't feel the water as it fell on him. Confused, he observed the seen more carefully.

The people were ones he recognized, he saw the Master, Natsu, Ariel, Gray, Erza, and Lucy as well as the rest of the guild. Roxas frowned. They were crying. Why were they crying? He opened his mouth to ask, but no words came out. Becoming more and more confused by the second, he looked at the scene more carefully. They were at Kardia Cathedral, standing before a grave. Roxas's eyes widened. The grave on the left was one that said, 'Lisanna' Mira and Elfman's sister.

But the one on the right was a new one. It was very similar to Lisanna's, a simple gravestone with the fairy tail insignia, with a platform behind it. On the platform sat a large stone fox with nine tails, sitting tall with it's head held proudly. It's eyes were made of white diamonds. The fox's chest had a word engraved into it, Nine-Tails.

It suddenly clicked in Roxas's head as to what he was looking at. 'No way...'

'I....died?'

He watched the Master try to say a few words, but the old man choked up and just walked forward to place flowers on the gravestone.

Lucy was next. She sniffed and placed a rose on the grave. "I'm so sorry Roxas...this is all my fault. I-if I hadn't come with you to Fairy Tail, you wouldn't have die-left me...You were my best friend. I-I remember back when we had just m-met... I was being a stupid little kid and got myself stuck in that hole... Who knows what would have happened if I had stayed there... But I didn't. You found me there and helped me return to my family... I could never be more happy that you did, or even better when we became friends... Especially when Mom died... You and my spirits were my only light in this world, with my terrible father wanting to control my life, you encouraged me to be who I wanted to be, not who my father wanted... I was so sad when he had kicked you out... I was so depressed for all those years... But then we met again and I..." She lost the ability to keep talking and walked away, teary eyed.

Roxas was frozen. 'No...! Lucy, I'm not dead! I'm right here!'

Suddenly, Natsu stepped forward, with a glare on his face. "I've had enough! I can't just stand back and watch you go through with this!"

Roxas looked down on his shouting pinked haired friend with a look of disbelief on his face. He watches as Natsu is pinned down onto the ground, and others begging him to stop.